`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Trading? what a joke!

RE: Trading? what a joke!
(07-28-2011, 08:00 AM)talkntribe Wrote: We were all newbies at some point. Sure some have been here longer than others but if you paid for this site then you have just as much right as the next. Why does a new member who pays for the service and comes on to sell is a problem. I mean he isn't breaking the rules. He has the option to trade or sell.As long as he is using the sell folder and puts prices on each item. I'm good. I would have the same trust for someone who just joined as someone who has been here for 10 years. Especially if I've never dealt with them before. I don't think we should get mad at people for posting but take the aggrivation out on the moderators lol. To me it doesn't matter why someone sells something. I would be more annoyed with reading why someone is selling their items. Anyone can leave a sad story to boost a sale. We don't know what is the truth or just bs.
To clarify - I don't mean you should report any thread of a newbie selling cards. Like you pointed out, there is nothing inherently wrong with that.

What I am referring to are people who try to sell without going through the proper listing procedures, refuse to provide scans, etc. Those types of threads are more likely to be fly by night scammers (not all are, just that they are more likely) and we can investigate to some extent.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(07-28-2011, 10:54 AM)ceocards Wrote: To clarify - I don't mean you should report any thread of a newbie selling cards. Like you pointed out, there is nothing inherently wrong with that.

What I am referring to are people who try to sell without going through the proper listing procedures, refuse to provide scans, etc. Those types of threads are more likely to be fly by night scammers (not all are, just that they are more likely) and we can investigate to some extent.
Alot of the time the people who make those threads have no oganize or nothing, and when you ask them to list their items they pm you with an email address you can reach them at o something like that.

And i have nothing against new members...half the old ones are gone anyway so to continue trading its important to have new members. Some of them are rude, ask for 2 times bv and all this other nonsense.

As far as sale threads , it gets irritating looking at all of them . To be honest, if its a new member i dnt even look at their sale threads cuz they have stupid used car salesman lines in them and they are probably trying to rip you off anyway.

I've noticed alot lately that members on here make these "farewell threads " because they have to stop trading, or have to sell all of their cards, or just lost interest etc...and like a week later they have a pc trade thread up with what they need for their pc collections....its almost as if they make the threads so that everyone on the site will comment on the thread and tell them how awesome they are and dnt leave, i find that so annoying.

(07-28-2011, 10:54 AM)ceocards Wrote: To clarify - I don't mean you should report any thread of a newbie selling cards. Like you pointed out, there is nothing inherently wrong with that.

I agree. I wrote that to ease the tension. I didn't mean to report everyone. I just meant instead of calling people names and ranting we should go to the moderators and get them to make a Sellers forum. I'm all for beckett charging to use the forums also. I mean we pay for everything else why not this. Smile
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

You're wrong! You do not have to pay to post here. The guys I refer to don't pay or they would have an organize. They are just posting to sell and get money and that is it. If they are paying for the OPG and adding the cards to their organize to sell then I have no issue. If they joined yesterday and then post a sale thread today but have nothing marked for sale then that is an issue to me.

Slightly misread that, sorry. I was saying the same thing I think just used different words. If they pay and use the system then I am fine with it.

(07-28-2011, 08:00 AM)talkntribe Wrote: We were all newbies at some point. Sure some have been here longer than others but if you paid for this site then you have just as much right as the next. Why does a new member who pays for the service and comes on to sell is a problem. I mean he isn't breaking the rules. He has the option to trade or sell.As long as he is using the sell folder and puts prices on each item. I'm good. I would have the same trust for someone who just joined as someone who has been here for 10 years. Especially if I've never dealt with them before. I don't think we should get mad at people for posting but take the aggrivation out on the moderators lol. To me it doesn't matter why someone sells something. I would be more annoyed with reading why someone is selling their items. Anyone can leave a sad story to boost a sale. We don't know what is the truth or just bs.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Remember it is summer time, and the kiddies aren't in school, so a lot of the sale threads from newbies are kiddies trying to get money, However there is one person posting sale threads that is supposed to be banned, and why he is not re-banned I have no idea, and a lot of the Sr members have been asking me why he is even allowed to post let alone sell or trade, heck he even posted in this thread

Remember, a person must be 18 or older to even post on the boards now, not just to trade or sell, like on the beta board
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(07-28-2011, 12:33 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: You're wrong! You do not have to pay to post here. The guys I refer to don't pay or they would have an organize. They are just posting to sell and get money and that is it. If they are paying for the OPG and adding the cards to their organize to sell then I have no issue. If they joined yesterday and then post a sale thread today but have nothing marked for sale then that is an issue to me.

Slightly misread that, sorry. I was saying the same thing I think just used different words. If they pay and use the system then I am fine with it.
Haha. Yea I agree with you 100%. I feel if they charge to use the forums then you'd have less spam also.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(07-27-2011, 07:16 PM)radarblip Wrote: About half the threads now are SALE threads and mostly from people who don't know that you have items for SALE but you want to SELL them.

Its time for Quasi-Sellers to either have their own Forum. join the Marketplace or take their items to ebay and let the rest of us try to find some Traders again....
I agree with everything your saying Blip but the thing that you cannot forget is that the cliché of “buy trade sell” has been synonymous with trading cards probably longer than anyone here has been alive.

I also agree with Dbroockerd, if your going to post it at least have it in your org. or at min have an org you could put it in to.

-just my 1/2 cents take on it

(07-28-2011, 12:58 PM)shezdoni Wrote: Remember it is summer time, and the kiddies aren't in school, so a lot of the sale threads from newbies are kiddies trying to get money, However there is one person posting sale threads that is supposed to be banned, and why he is not re-banned I have no idea, and a lot of the Sr members have been asking me why he is even allowed to post let alone sell or trade, heck he even posted in this thread

Remember, a person must be 18 or older to even post on the boards now, not just to trade or sell, like on the beta board
You are talking about mel right ?

(07-28-2011, 03:21 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: I also agree with Dbroockerd, if your going to post it at least have it in your org. or at min have an org you could put it in to.
+1, getting sick of people totally ignoring the trade tools
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I just think this site is slowly dying since the change over and the new pricing.

I traded more than anyone before and now I can get maybe 1-2 trades a month now.

Another site puts an organize in, I might totally jump ship. Half of the people "on" here arent even active anymore.
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!