`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cowboys cleaning house and my son and I are quite sad! Marion Barber and Roy Williams

Cowboys cleaning house and my son and I are quite sad! Marion Barber and Roy Williams
They cut Marion Barber, Roy Williams, Leonard Davis, Marc Columbo, and PK Kris Brown. I despise Jerry Jones and that Arkansas Razorback showed his true colors today. Cut our only 2 Longhorns on the squad, has never drafted a Longhorn except 1 in franchise history and I just love Marion Barber. Never said a word, never complained, just went out and tried to steamroll anyone in his way. He will be greatly missed and I honestly felt he was the heartbeat of the team. Whenever he steamrolled somebody, electricity just ignited that stadium. You would have to be there to know, but it something that is rare and will be hard to replace. I wish him the best. Roy didnt work out plain and simple and Jerry gave up way too much for him, but he is still a Longhorn and i will always wish it would have worked out differently. If anyone has any of these guys auto/gu cards, Barbers or Roy Williams, I would love to work out a deal for them. Please lmk, I may start a new revamped Marion Barber PC as a memorial or something. He was one of my sons favorite as well and he is very sad. But that is the nature of the business, but he doesnt understand all that yet, he thinks they are gonna play forever. Smile
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

RE: Cowboys cleaning house and my son and I are quite sad! Marion Barber and Roy Williams
Well, I agree with Jones cleaning house and getting rid of Roy was a long time coming! Barber gave his all but his production has gone way down. It's a business and with Jones cutting Roy,Marion,Leonard, That frees up around $16 Million to sign younger and more talented players! They drafted Tyron Smith to replace Columbo and Doug Free will hopefully have a good year! Oh, and I know just how your son feels! I felt the same way when Emmitt was cut and went to the Cardinals!!! Heck I wanted Emmitt to play forever too!!!
I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html

RE: Cowboys cleaning house and my son and I are quite sad! Marion Barber and Roy Williams
As Long as Romo is the QB, the cowboys, have no chance to make it to the superbowl, the Phins have a better chance than the cowboys with Romo as QB
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(07-26-2011, 05:24 PM)shezdoni Wrote: As Long as Romo is the QB, the cowboys, have no chance to make it to the superbowl, the Phins have a better chance than the cowboys with Romo as QB
That is just wrong sir! lol! Smile
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

So wait, jncdrew... are you implying that Jones intentionally did not draft Longhorns or something?

Actually Cutting Roy cost the Cowboys more money. Instead of paying him 5 mill they now have to give him 9.5 mill
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(07-26-2011, 05:33 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Actually Cutting Roy cost the Cowboys more money. Instead of paying him 5 mill they now have to give him 9.5 mill
Yeah , But I don't think that counts toward the salary cap if he's not on the roster, But I may be wrong about that. Not too sure!!!
I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html

(07-26-2011, 05:33 PM)georgehenrycollector Wrote: Actually Cutting Roy cost the Cowboys more money. Instead of paying him 5 mill they now have to give him 9.5 mill
It must help with cap space or something though because otherwise they wouldn't have done it.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Don't feel too bad. I lost Hasselbeck today and gained Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

According to the article I read the only one they told the he was being cut was Williams and it said he was owed 5 million on his contract and that he would cost 9.5 towards the cap not that they payed him 9.5.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641