`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Question on a trade off beckett for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle the plot thickens

RE: Question on a trade off beckett for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle
(07-20-2011, 07:40 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: I have a passport I can easily go there. I am requestion better pictures right now. He told me he paid $20,000.00 for the Mantle card which sounds about right.
maybe hes pulling your leg.....lmao

Haven't I seen similar fossil cards go on Ebay for like $800?

Well if he is from Canada I would be very leary. I personally lost quite a bit about 6 years ago on a guy from Canada selling a 52 Mantle. It wasn't even one of those too good to be true deals and I took tons of precautions to ensure nothing went wrong. And I still got hosed. And the candian police did nothing to help out. I still have all his information to see if it is the same scammer. PM me if you want to check it out. I would certainly do the deal in person now, if you do it.

I'm near Toronto and could help...

RE: Question on a trade off beckett for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle the plot thickens
If he can't come up with a good valid picture with the samr PSA number and his name on the card I am going to smear his name all over here and ebay.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: Question on a trade off beckett for a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle the plot thickens
Two different PSA numbers has red flags going up everywhere. I would run away as fast as possible. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

BigT
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

What are the ODDS he "accidentally" sent a picture of the WRONG $20k card? I don't know about you, but when I am going to do a $20k deal- cards or otherwise- you better believe I am paying better attention than that. I would run away from this thing as fast as possible.

(07-21-2011, 08:45 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: What are the ODDS he "accidentally" sent a picture of the WRONG $20k card? I don't know about you, but when I am going to do a $20k deal- cards or otherwise- you better believe I am paying better attention than that. I would run away from this thing as fast as possible.
Very nice. Made me lol.

Oh, you wanted the other 20k card. Hold on just a few and I'll get a new scan. BRB. THNX.

He now says he is just going to probably sell the card as having to do all these scans is just to much.
I was planing on sending him a package with a note at first just to see if he was actually going to send it. My guess he was not. Thats why I thought it was to good to be true.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(07-21-2011, 10:07 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: He now says he is just going to probably sell the card as having to do all these scans is just to much.
I was planing on sending him a package with a note at first just to see if he was actually going to send it. My guess he was not. Thats why I thought it was to good to be true.
Sorry it didn't work out for you.