`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
missing cards on beckett

missing cards on beckett
hey guys, so im a huge ewing pc collector, heres the prob, i printed out the checklist thats on beckett and one by one i am checking off my ewing cards, got over 800 now =)

problem is i have like 20 cards that arent on the checklist, now ive spent a lot of time on google and cant find a better or more accurate checklist than the one beckett.com provides, it has the most cards but still some are unlisted, any advice?

RE: missing cards on beckett
well you can scan them and post pics in here and the good people here might be able to help yea with finding more info. some could be promos or even euro cards, so post some scans
Always looking for MJ-Lebron-Wade-Durant-Hill-Wall-Cousins-Bledsoe-Patterson-Orton-Meeks-Prince-Magloire-Nazr-Mercer-McCarty-Delk-Walker-Mashburn- Football-Cobb-Conner-Tamme
[Image: sigpic2.png]

(07-15-2011, 06:06 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: hey guys, so im a huge ewing pc collector, heres the prob, i printed out the checklist thats on beckett and one by one i am checking off my ewing cards, got over 800 now =)

problem is i have like 20 cards that arent on the checklist, now ive spent a lot of time on google and cant find a better or more accurate checklist than the one beckett.com provides, it has the most cards but still some are unlisted, any advice?
Send me a PM and I will help you get in touch with our basketball Sr. Market Analyst, Rob Springs.

You can work with him to get the cards added to the database (as long as they are licensed cards).

Any scans you have would be especially helpful to send to him.

Thanks, Bill S.
Beckett Media

Bill S.
"32-years in the Hobby"
Collector of all "Sutherland" cards!

Yup...I have the same problems with my collections. I just start with the beckett checklist as a guideline and fill in the gaps of missing sets/cards and create my own master checklists.
Wish we could get a sticky posted to where we all can post our "cards not listed by beckett" and see if we can't get some of these things added in...or create our own suplimental checklists.
ShaqEatsThat....send me a listing as well so I can add them to my checklist database.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

There are some that aren't listed - like 1994 Ball street news, 1992 Educational (2 that i have). there are also some that might be broders.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Yup...there were a lot of the odd cards such as the Ballstreet News, Investors Journal, Sports Cards Digest, Tuff Stuff, etc, as well as other "magazine cards" too. But there are quite a few "normal" things that should be indexed IMHO. You would think that since Panini is King right now in Basketball, someone would update the older Panini sets and get them at least listed and indexed.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs

I think all of the panini stickers sets up until 1994-95 are listed. Nothing after that though until 2009-10.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

There are a lot of Panini series from 1960s-80s that have some key HOF basketball players in them that are not listed (Bradley, Jabbar, Bird, Jordan, Magic, Menigan, Cosic, Petrovic, etc).
Also missing: 1991-92 Panini Spanish, 1995-96 Panini European, 1996-97 Panini, 1998-99 Panini, 1999-2000 Panini, 2009-2010 Panini. as well as 1997-98 UD Italian Stickers, 1998-99 UD Italian Stickers, and several others in the Panini family.

Please feel free to send me a PM with the information and I will get it to our basketball guy. I can also get you in touch with him if you like, which is probably the best bet.

As an FYI, please remember that we don't catalog unlicensed cards. This is fresh in my head as a list I received yesterday contained 41 broders and several other unlicensed cards.

As far as some of the older Panini checklists go, we don't have them in our database because we never had the cards to actually catalog, and Panini doesn't typically always have that older data available, but I will check on it.

Thanks, Bill
Bill S.
"32-years in the Hobby"
Collector of all "Sutherland" cards!

(07-16-2011, 12:31 PM)odditycards Wrote: Yup...I have the same problems with my collections. I just start with the beckett checklist as a guideline and fill in the gaps of missing sets/cards and create my own master checklists.
Wish we could get a sticky posted to where we all can post our "cards not listed by beckett" and see if we can't get some of these things added in...or create our own suplimental checklists.
ShaqEatsThat....send me a listing as well so I can add them to my checklist database.
We have a fairly big on in the football boards of missing cards.
(07-17-2011, 07:27 PM)odditycards Wrote: Yup...there were a lot of the odd cards such as the Ballstreet News, Investors Journal, Sports Cards Digest, Tuff Stuff, etc, as well as other "magazine cards" too. But there are quite a few "normal" things that should be indexed IMHO. You would think that since Panini is King right now in Basketball, someone would update the older Panini sets and get them at least listed and indexed.
I think most of the ones named here... Won't make it because they are not officially licensed cards. For example.... I think Tuff Stuff made there own cards. Anything for the most part from magazines are made by that publication and are not considered officially Licensed cards.