`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried :( .....No More.....BGS GRADE RESULTS SCAN 8/12......

RE: Worried :( .....No More..Updates :)......
Congrats on getting them out safely T!!! Hooray!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-06-2011, 02:33 AM)shezdoni Wrote: Actually those protectors are still good to use, as long as you put the card in a penny sleeve , they will keep the cards from warping due to humidity, heat, etc

However never put an auto card in one of those even if it is in a penny sleeve, as the ink has a tendency to stick to the sleeve.

And for those of you reading this, that do not know this yet, Keep your Autographed cards in a card board card box, and in a cool,dark, dry room, as sunlight, and even home lighting will make the autographs fade over time ( well sunlight, and fluorescent light will make them fade rather quickly )
Thanks shezdoni Smile That is definitely great knowledge to know.

After I got settled down, I was wondering if a penny sleeve would prevent that from happening. Thanks again for the valuable info Smile

I'm so glad to hear of your success with getting the card unstuck. This thread hits home for me in two ways. First, the card in my avatar is currently in a similar predicament with the middle of the #4 patch stuck to the case. Absolutely heartbreaking, since this is my single favorite Favre card I own. I think I will try leaving it by an open window likeyou suggest. Can't hurt now... Furthermore, to bring more tears, I learned first-had about 15 years ago how devastating it can be. Check out the upper left corner:

Walter Payton RC

Ah well, still is pretty to look at. Anyone have a guess as to what kind of grade it would get from BVG?
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(07-06-2011, 11:30 AM)uwash97 Wrote: Ah well, still is pretty to look at. Anyone have a guess as to what kind of grade it would get from BVG?
Surface would get killed, and looks like the bottom edge is in bad shape, I would say around a 5 or so, I think it would be better to keep it raw, unless you just want it in the case for display/pc

(07-06-2011, 11:30 AM)uwash97 Wrote: I'm so glad to hear of your success with getting the card unstuck. This thread hits home for me in two ways. First, the card in my avatar is currently in a similar predicament with the middle of the #4 patch stuck to the case. Absolutely heartbreaking, since this is my single favorite Favre card I own. I think I will try leaving it by an open window likeyou suggest. Can't hurt now... Furthermore, to bring more tears, I learned first-had about 15 years ago how devastating it can be. Check out the upper left corner:

Walter Payton RC

Ah well, still is pretty to look at. Anyone have a guess as to what kind of grade it would get from BVG?
I definitely feel your pain!!!! I don't know if you have tried gently blowing on the card but that is when I started to see real progress. I was just careful not to force it and with patience it came loose.

As for the Payton, just gorgeous IMO. I feel the loss though with that corner but none-the-less it is still a VERY nice card.

You do realize this is a football thread right.....
Don't come posting that baseball junk in here......

just kidding lol

(07-06-2011, 11:46 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: You do realize this is a football thread right.....
Don't come posting that baseball junk in here......

just kidding lol
LOL Legend Smile But the Topps Traded Ripken is pretty sweet Big Grin

There is another problem with screwdowns that aren't recessed. They flatten out corners. When they are screwed in the highest pressure is created in the points of the screws and that pressure is transferred into the corners of the card, pressing them down and flattening them. You'll want to check for that if you plan on sending off anything for grading or if you're buying something that is stored in one of these.

(07-06-2011, 11:44 AM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: I definitely feel your pain!!!! I don't know if you have tried gently blowing on the card but that is when I started to see real progress. I was just careful not to force it and with patience it came loose.

As for the Payton, just gorgeous IMO. I feel the loss though with that corner but none-the-less it is still a VERY nice card.
Thanks. I agree that it's still a nice card, which in a way is why I haven't had it graded - I don't want to know.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

I am glad that these cards came out ok..I need to get home and check my cards for any that may be in these cases..Nice looking Ripken RCs..also glad that all of us learned from this thread..
Baseball: Albert Pujols, George Brett
Football: KC Chiefs, 2009 Certified Fabric of The Game
SETS: NFL 2010 Topps Chrome, 2011 Topps Chrome

[Image: cheifs.jpg]