`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between Permanently Delete and Empty Trash

Difference between Permanently Delete and Empty Trash
What is the difference between the "Permanently Delete" button and "Empty Trash" button in the Trash collection?

I thought the Permanently Delete did just that while the Empty Trash removed the Trash collection tag.

But... I was wrong. I inadvertently added a set to my working directory that I already had in a collection. I looked at the tags in the working directory and saw the working directory tag and the collection tag so I moved the working directory contents to the trash to get rid of the Trash tag and "emptied" the trash. Lo and behold I lost the original collection as well. It permanently deleted everything.

Why have two buttons that do the same thing?

How are you supposed to remove a set or large number of cards from one collection without permanently deleting the cards altogether or deleting the collection folder? Please don't say the answer is individually going through 700 cards and clicking the "X" to remove the tag...

RE: Difference between Permanently Delete and Empty Trash
permanently delete will only delete what you check, empty trash empties everything.
You can create a new collection and move them there, then right click and delete that collection.

(06-25-2011, 12:55 PM)trince Wrote: What is the difference between the "Permanently Delete" button and "Empty Trash" button in the Trash collection?

I thought the Permanently Delete did just that while the Empty Trash removed the Trash collection tag.

But... I was wrong. I inadvertently added a set to my working directory that I already had in a collection. I looked at the tags in the working directory and saw the working directory tag and the collection tag so I moved the working directory contents to the trash to get rid of the Trash tag and "emptied" the trash. Lo and behold I lost the original collection as well. It permanently deleted everything.

Why have two buttons that do the same thing?

How are you supposed to remove a set or large number of cards from one collection without permanently deleting the cards altogether or deleting the collection folder? Please don't say the answer is individually going through 700 cards and clicking the "X" to remove the tag...
Quote:What is the difference between the "Permanently Delete" button and "Empty Trash" button in the Trash collection?

Deleting the checked cards compared to all the cards in your trash. You can't remove "tags" Tags tells you WHERE the cards are.
In the search above the Organize you can search within your Organize for cards also.

Quote:But... I was wrong. I inadvertently added a set to my working directory that I already had in a collection. I looked at the tags in the working directory and saw the working directory tag and the collection tag so I moved the working directory contents to the trash to get rid of the Trash tag and "emptied" the trash. Lo and behold I lost the original collection as well. It permanently deleted everything.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean with this part. But from what I get out of what you say....

If you have a card or cards in your Organize it will not let you add the same card if it already exist in your Organize. You have to click the duplicate button to the far right of each listing in your organize.

Quote:How are you supposed to remove a set or large number of cards from one collection without permanently deleting the cards altogether or deleting the collection folder? Please don't say the answer is individually going through 700 cards and clicking the "X" to remove the tag...

Let me see if I understand you right on this one..

For example if you have a 90's Topps set. If you wanna move them to another folder you can check the Select next to
Layout Move To Add To Send To Trash Show Tags
And move them to another folder by selecting Move to and a drop down will pop up showing you all the folders you have made. If you have the set checked it will move all the cards into the folder you select from the drop down.

If I didn't understand your Question fully please explain a little better and maybe I can help more.

(06-25-2011, 02:49 PM)floydtown Wrote: permanently delete will only delete what you check, empty trash empties everything.
You can create a new collection and move them there, then right click and delete that collection.
Thanks. Empty Trash functioning that way seems a little silly when all you have to do is select collection and then press "Permanently Delete" for the same result. Just one extra step.... with all the other things that have changed and resulted in extensive extra button pushing...

Sorry, still pouting over losing the "Arrow Down"....

Maybe you could talk them into a "Remove Trash Tag" button so we wouldn't have to go through the extra steps of creating a new collection, moving the cards, and then deleting the collection just to remove a large number of cards from a collection.............or they could just give us back the "Remove" option.......

(06-27-2011, 05:29 PM)trince Wrote: still pouting over losing the "Arrow Down"....
Same here..... would really like to have the ability to use the arrow keys to move around in organizer back...
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby