`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LDS should be longer

LDS should be longer
Doesn't it amaze you how EVERY round of the NBA playoffs is best of 7, yet baseball's first round (ALDS/NLDS) is still best of 5? And the home field advantage is huge since 1 team gets the first two games, so if the home team wins the first two, the visiting team is on the brink of elimination. If NBA can do it, I think MLB can do it.
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

RE: LCS should be longer
I like your thinking on this subject. The only problem is the cold weather in some cities come October/November. I think in order to implement a 7 game playoff for every round MLB would have to shorten the season.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

I'm good with a 7 game series! More baseball is always good!!
[Image: mdavison.jpg]
[Image: PCcards001.jpg]

Id probably be okay with it moving to a 7 game series, but I personally think 5 is plenty. That is one round through the entire rotation. If you take away an off day as well, it would really matter how deep your rotation is. You couldnt just start 2 good pitchers twice each and avoid the other guys.

Personally I also believe that the NBA having a 7 game series is stupid. There is no reason for the series to go 7 games. A 5 game series is more than enough. Heck, I think 3 is enough. Basketball doesnt have the day to day lineup and pitching changes that Baseball does, so there is no reason to play 7 games. Its all about the NBA trying to get more money.
[Image: bWSA7.png]
Collecting: Alfonso Soriano and Boston Red Sox

I could see a longer series for baseball. The thing that bothers me about nba playoffs is not the amount, but how long it takes to play is silly. Play a game take a day off (while staying in the same city) makes no sense to me. At least play two, then take a day for travel.
I collect Yankees
I trade based on BV, not sale price.

Yea I can see the World Series in Cleveland at the end of November. 25° and 3ft of snow lol..... postponed till spring lol...
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Wow, can't believe nobody realized my mistake. I meant LDS
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(06-25-2011, 12:51 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Wow, can't believe nobody realized my mistake. I meant LDS
Well we didnt think the games would be held at the local card shop lol...

[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(06-25-2011, 03:08 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Well we didnt think the games would be held at the local card shop lol...
Well also the LCS is already best-of-7

RE: LDS should be longer
Would the world series be the new Thanksgiving day TV tradition? I would love more baseball but weather constricts the game and both ends of the season. The world series is already played in harsher conditions than those prim ma donas in the NFL's super bowl. Would the World Series have to be played in a neutral, warm weather site? With talk of another wild-card team and round of playoffs, the baseball playoffs will last as long as Hockey's second season. For that first round, I would prefer a three game series, all games in the teams park with the best record. That way the winner could have their rotation set for the next series and this extra round doesn't extend the playoffs too much.