`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards?

RE: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards?
I bet that Martín Prado supercollector raises the cost of his cards a lot more than Olds raises Swisher's. Same goes for the other supercollectors
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(06-09-2011, 03:33 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I bet that Martín Prado supercollector raises the cost of his cards a lot more than Olds raises Swisher's. Same goes for the other supercollectors
man I finally saw pictures of that collection the other night.....phew!

my jaw nearly hit the floor..impressed me enough to bookmark and get the wife to drool over it also haha
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Nope, because Chris Olds doesn't price cards.

However, Chris Olds might influence the market by overpaying on said Nick Swisher cards because Chris Olds is the only one crazy enough to heavily collect a guy hitting .220!!
(06-09-2011, 06:51 AM)butchrecon72 Wrote: Well, that would explain why my Castro's get no love. Olds hate Castro ;-)
That's funny, cause Chris Olds put Starlin Castro on the back cover of the July issue of Beckett Baseball!!

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

(06-09-2011, 04:45 PM)chrisolds Wrote: Nope, because Chris Olds doesn't price cards.

However, Chris Olds might influence the market by overpaying on said Nick Swisher cards because Chris Olds is the only one crazy enough to heavily collect a guy hitting .220!!

That's funny, cause Chris Olds put Starlin Castro on the back cover of the July issue of Beckett Baseball!!
When did Chris Olds turn into Rickey Henderson?
I collect 1977-Present Baseball of any team, especially the Braves (NL) and the Red Sox (AL). Considering an expansion into vintage. I am slowly adding cards and wants to my org.

(06-09-2011, 06:46 PM)andrewinnc Wrote: When did Chris Olds turn into Rickey Henderson?
rofl
[Image: mdavison.jpg]
[Image: PCcards001.jpg]

Chris Olds said he likes Rickey cards -- but only Rickey cards in an Oakland uniform. Rickey like those Rickey cards that Chris Olds likes cause Rickey likes Rickey -- not Chris Olds.

Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

>>>> IF YOU HAVE A SITE ISSUE, please do not DM me.Please email customerservice@beckett.com. (I don't actually handle any of that stuff.)

well i think we can all agree on his prices going up has nothing to do with his .220 average this year
[Image: 374.gif][Image: 1337.gif]

(06-10-2011, 10:30 AM)chrisolds Wrote: Chris Olds said he likes Rickey cards -- but only Rickey cards in an Oakland uniform. Rickey like those Rickey cards that Chris Olds likes cause Rickey likes Rickey -- not Chris Olds.
Could there be a more pompous arse on the planet other than Rickey?
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(06-10-2011, 03:40 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Could there be a more pompous arse on the planet other than Rickey?
Rickey said, "No -- Rickey wins."
(06-10-2011, 03:37 PM)jerodc10 Wrote: well i think we can all agree on his prices going up has nothing to do with his .220 average this year
It has everything to do with him being a popular player with fans of the New York Yankees. Plain and simple.
Chris Olds
Editor, Beckett Media

colds@beckett.com
Twitter @chrisolds2009
beckett.com/news

(06-10-2011, 04:30 PM)chrisolds Wrote: Rickey said, "No -- Rickey wins."
lol wouldnt it be "Rickey says "No -- Rickey wins.""

Rickey would for sure say Rickey says first lol....

Every time Rickey opens his mouth I think young Mike Tyson... sad part I think I have more respect for Tyson.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket