`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
UD FAIL !! Help / Advice Please (Update w/ semi warm-fuzzy feeling)

UD FAIL !! Help / Advice Please (Update w/ semi warm-fuzzy feeling)
Recently pulled a Rod Woodson redemption outta 09 Ultimate Football. #d 35 "Ultimate Legendary Signatures". I was pretty stoked to get one of his auto's....I just haven't seen too many around.

Finally redeemed it tonite, and got a different response to a redemption request than what I am used to.

" Card not produced" Please contact UD cust service 1-800 blah blah.

So, how do they handle this ?? Should I act mad or be a hard-sale over the phone and see what I can make of it ?? Should I ask for something else of Rod Woodson ?? Do I just let them send me something of "equal value"

Lemme know what ya think..........I'm pissed cuz i wanted the darn Woodson !!!

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Finally after 6 months. I get an unidentified flying UD envelope in the mail.

Had a note........

[Image: ud.jpg]

[Image: wppd.jpg]
Insert Banner.

RE: Upperdeck FAIL !! Help / Advice Please
I would demand another Woodson of some sort. It sounds like somebody didnt know what they were talking about when they responded to you saying the card wasnt produced when the redemption card clearly stated it.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

Go for a Suh!
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

I am just wondering how they treat hostile phone calls ???
Insert Banner.

either they want to keep you as a customer or they dont. I got hostile, after several emails and no response, with press pass, and they sent me another dez AND two weeks later, sent me a Earl campbell auto and a Mike Williams auto and a pack of nascar cards. idnt care about the nascar, but the earl was nice.
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

I say play it safe on the first call...see what they're offering for a card they never produced. Maybe they'll give you another Woodson without you having to threaten them first!! LOL

Good luck Goochie and let us know how it goes!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(04-14-2011, 10:25 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: I say play it safe on the first call...see what they're offering for a card they never produced. Maybe they'll give you another Woodson without you having to threaten them first!! LOL

Good luck Goochie and let us know how it goes!
Agreed. Play it by ear. Start slowly and end with a BANG if you have too.

Just give em the bedroom voice first. Then if that doesn't work, try a french accent.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

(04-14-2011, 10:14 PM)jncdrew Wrote: I would demand another Woodson of some sort. It sounds like somebody didnt know what they were talking about when they responded to you saying the card wasnt produced when the redemption card clearly stated it.
Uhmm, just because the redemption card claims that the player signed it, does not mean the player actually did or even returned the cards to the company.

When a card manufacturer puts a redemption card in a pack it generally means that they do not have the card in their possession, and are waiting for the player to return the cards to them, or the cards were lost in the mail, or in fact may not have even been produced by the printer for insertion into packs

You have to remember, Upper Deck does not witness the players actually signing the cards, they even stated that in an article that Beckett had in one of their magazines ( 85 questions with Topps and Upper Deck ), most of the questions were about how game used cards, and autographs were made etc..

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Make sure you gun for something as high end as Ultimate also... For Rod Woodson.
Dont want them sending you some old Collector's Choice auto lol ( Yes. I know they did not make a woodson auto. in CC but i was only using that as an example )