IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 3.74 Average
Marinocollector's Marino Collection

RE: Marinocollector's Marino Collection
Very very impressive man!

Wow MC, This teaser is mindblowingly awesome and i can't wait to see the rest. I'm surprised that Bakerman hasn't stopped by yet. Welcome back to Beckett and thanks for shraring those beauties.

Aloha
HE> I

(03-21-2011, 06:31 AM)broncoboy27 Wrote: Wow MC, This teaser is mindblowingly awesome and i can't wait to see the rest. I'm surprised that Bakerman hasn't stopped by yet. Welcome back to Beckett and thanks for shraring those beauties.

Aloha
LOL. Thats because I saw this on a different forum already and almost died. This is only the beginning...this guy has 1000 more cards than I do of Marino!!!

MC - Just wanted to say again...That I love your PC!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Wow! Your PC is so great!
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-21-2011, 08:42 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: LOL. Thats because I saw this on a different forum already and almost died. This is only the beginning...this guy has 1000 more cards than I do of Marino!!!

MC - Just wanted to say again...That I love your PC!!!
Still... girl in your avatar > my Marino collection...
I forgot where I saw that pic before... but my goodness... it still kills me.

Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

OK... so I am bored... going to start to show off some patches that I can identify where they come from on the jersey or whatever item it may come from...
This is cool.... numbered 13/120... it showcases a 3 color helmet swatch... but if you look close, you can see its not a straight line, but slightly curved.... this comes from the back of the Dolphin on the Fins logo...
[Image: marino13helmet.jpg]

To be honest, I kind of question this swatch at times.... but it seems clean as well... REALLY old scan as I have owned this card since 2000... /300... kind of easily to tell what it is...
[Image: MarinoPOGJersey.jpg]

You know how many places on a Marino jersey showcases 3 right angles running parallel to each other?1. And its the top left corner of the letter R from Marino's Nameplate. This card is limited to 25.
[Image: 03-18-2009062604PM.jpg]

I love helmet logo's... they can't be faked very easily...and I pay to make sure I get them... this one's out of 125.
[Image: MARHELMLOGO.jpg]

And I paid out the wazoo for this one out of 100.... See the hole? it's from a screw.... one of the 2 screw holes that hold down the Riddell logo on the front of the helmet...
[Image: 11-18-2010042717PM.jpg]

This one's out of 150 and is easily the card I get called out on as a fake more than any... Remember the giant swatch versions of the TOTT? Well Playoff stated they did not use NFL logo's for those. This translated into every collector in 2005 saying any logo swatch in 05 Absolute is fake. My dad pulled this. Hated giving it to me. Asks to see it EVERYTIME he visits. Only Marino he cares to see... Easy to see where this sliver came from...
[Image: absolue.jpg]

This out of 25... not easily identifiable... but you can have a good idea...
[Image: 07-05-2008051735pm2.jpg]

Last but not least on the one's one can identify.... If you cut the 13 on Marino shoulder pad into 5 long pieces.... showcasing primarily the one this came from the foruth slice featuring part of the 1 and the top of the curve of the number 3... its too awesome not to show.... out of 25
[Image: 10-04-2010045753PM.jpg]

By far one of the sickest pc's i have ever seen!!! amazing stuff, thank you so much for sharing Smile
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
Collecting LeSean McCoy and Antoine Cason
McCoy - 236 Unique - 59 Autos - 68 Mem - 33 True Rc's - 3 1/1's
Cason - 88 Unique - 28 Autos - 4 Mem- 22 True Rc's
http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t360/rob8109/

WOW!! What an amazing collection!!
Sadly tho, this puts my Favre collection to shame!

But I cant wait to see more!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(03-21-2011, 06:55 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: WOW!! What an amazing collection!!
Sadly tho, this puts my Favre collection to shame!

But I cant wait to see more!
I know a man in Australia who's Favre collection puts my Marino collection to shame.... Its all for fun... I try not to compare my collections to others.... but I do catch myself shaking my head wondering how less collections with the "Marino Super Collector" status on other sites earned their status from time to time... I like my collection though.... I own a lot of cards I use to only dream about... I am at 2600+ Beckett catalogued items.... only 200 of those are parallel cards... and over a dozen cards that use to be "myths" on other people's wantlists tracked down... like my 1992 Finest and my 1998 Zenith Dare to Tear...

Rare 1992 Football's Finest... this was produced by the people who own the patent for the "Chrome" technology... I assume they used this to show to card manufacturers and sold Topps on the technology and design, because in early 1993 Topps released 1992 Topps Football's Finest... same design... Marino wasn't in that release though and I always wish he was.... Didn't know about this card except as a myth with a rumor of 10 being made on another collector's wantlist.... I went all out when i finally found one...
[Image: 05-03-2010074414PM.jpg]

Here's some 1998 Pinnacle cards... never released due to bankruptcy....
the rarest being the Dare to Tear... The rep who had these promo's stated 200 were made total with 7 in the set.... making 23-25 of these Jumbo's available... he tore open half of every player to sell the one of the four regular sized cards inside.... Luckily a Marino small card was never made...
[Image: 05-16-2010084515PM.jpg]

And my favorite of all of them? the 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Inscriptions autograph.... never was able to be signed... Was checking eBay one day, and had this weird feeling I needed to keep looking... the fourth time of the stuff ending for that day, I found this.... Gotta trust the gut!
[Image: 12-31-2008061611PM.jpg]

(03-21-2011, 07:20 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: I know a man in Australia who's Favre collection puts my Marino collection to shame.... Its all for fun... I try not to compare my collections to others.... but I do catch myself shaking my head wondering how less collections with the "Marino Super Collector" status on other sites earned their status from time to time... I like my collection though.... I own a lot of cards I use to only dream about... I am at 2600+ Beckett catalogued items.... only 200 of those are parallel cards... and over a dozen cards that use to be "myths" on other people's wantlists tracked down... like my 1992 Finest and my 1998 Zenith Dare to Tear...
Yeah. Thats what collecting is all about. Jus havin fun. I have a Ron Dayne PC (Biggest Dayne PC I know of) & people tell me its a waste to spend money on him. But i do it cuz i enjoy it. I used to have a MASSIVE Favre collection (@ 2500 cards - all different) but had to sell @ 90% a few years back to pay bills & such. But im comin back at it strong. I am still collecting everything & I do mean everything (iv been collecting pretty much anything with Favre's likeness on it) but I have been mainly focusing on rare inserts, mem & auto cards.

Do you know who that other Favre collector is? I like to see people's PC's no matter who they collect, but would love to see a fellow Favre collectors PC!

And please post more of ur pc. I cant wait to see more!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**