`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
First homerun at your first game, who was it?

RE: First homerun at your first game, who was it?
(02-17-2011, 10:56 AM)mrmcphisto13 Wrote: I can't say I can remember the first homer I witnessed as I was 8 when I attended my first major league game (1982).

However the earliest homer I can vividly remember was in May of '87 when Tim "Rock" Raines hit a grand slam off of Jesse Orosco in the 10th inning. My best friend and I were sitting in the upper deck of old Shea Stadium (can't believe I'm saying that lol) and we couldn't see if the ball left the yard or not. We had to rely on the reactions of the other fans in attendance and the players. Obviously it was a crushing defeat that day so that's probably why I remember it the most.
As an Expos fan I am proud of that. Smile

[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

April 5, 2008. Braves vs. Mets. Kelly Johnson hit a grand slam in the 7th. Just got out of my mouth before the pitch, "it would be so cool if he homered".
first minor league homer I saw was in I think 04?, Scott Thorman hit one off the top of the clubhouse with the Pelicans. What a great team that was. McCann, Francoeur, Thorman, Blanco, Boyer, Capellan and some others I can't think of right now.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

Saturday June 21 1969 Atlanta Stadium Bobby Bonds First inning off Phil Niekro
We must Develop and Maintain a sense of dignity and self respect

[Image: CUSA.jpg]

Dave Kingman at Wrigley Field.

I can't really remember my first one, but this is the earliest one I can remember:

When I was 10, went to a Royals game with my 10-11 year old baseball team at the end of our season. We were sitting in left field GA. Game tied in the bottom of the 9th and George Brett at bat. I was sitting in front of my coach and I remember him saying, "come on George we need a home run right here". As soon as he finished his sentence we heard the crack and then the ball lands in the seats about 5 rows behind us. Game over!

(02-17-2011, 08:09 PM)travistrue501 Wrote: I can't really remember my first one, but this is the earliest one I can remember:

When I was 10, went to a Royals game with my 10-11 year old baseball team at the end of our season. We were sitting in left field GA. Game tied in the bottom of the 9th and George Brett at bat. I was sitting in front of my coach and I remember him saying, "come on George we need a home run right here". As soon as he finished his sentence we heard the crack and then the ball lands in the seats about 5 rows behind us. Game over!
Nice, that's a great memory.
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

The First and Only MLB Game I have ever gone to...
September 17, 2007(Jack Cassel's First Win, and he pitched GREAT! Matt Cassel's Older Bro)
Pirates @ Padres
4th Inning Khalil Green Hit it off The Western Metal Supply Co. Building

First pro game I went to and there was only one home run hit. Game was at Fenway Park in '93 to see them play the Orioles. The O's pasted the Sox that night 16-4. First HR witnessed, and only one of the game, was Cal Ripken Jr. hitting a 3-run shot over the Green Monster.

Mussina started for the O's and he was one of the "next big thing" pitchers. I think he ended up having a pretty solid career!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/...6110.shtml

My 1st and only MLB game-8/31/2005 DET @ CLE
I was rooting for the Indians but one of my favorite catchers ever, Ivan Rodriguez, hit a solo HR in the 8th inning off Rafael Betancourt to break a 2-2 tie. Detroit went on to win the game 4-3. Also, the game had been postponed one day because the remnants of Hurricane Katrina came through Cleveland on the 30th.

I think the 1st minor league HR I saw was by Manny Ramirez in 1991 when he played for my hometown Burlington Indians (now Royals). I might have seen Jim Thome hit one the year before for the same team but I'm not sure b/c I can't recall it.

Juliooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Franco