Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Mark Sanchez 2009 Topps variation SP #440B?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know how many different variation cards of Mark Sanchez exist from the 2009 Topps Football set? I have seen four different versions of the card. All 3 are of Mark wearing a helmet. One of them is avail only at target (card 2 of 5)...the other two that I've seen which I'm confused about are him dropping back in the pocket about to release a pass, legs apart with his helmet on and the other is of him legs closer together about to throw a pass. Which one is the true variation card that books for $40-$80? Thanks for your help.

robbiebear76

The one with his helmet is the SP variation.
I know that, but there are two of them out there. How can you tell which one is the SP variation or are they both?

billcrackers

The one where he isn't blowing a lead is the SP. It's very rare. Sorry, couldn't resist.
billcrackers Wrote:The one where he isn't blowing a lead is the SP. It's very rare. Sorry, couldn't resist.

ahaha nice one!
Hi, hope you are a fellow Jets and Sanchez fan.
The SP parallel version in packs is a mostly side picture, in the act of throwing, you can see the #6 on the front of his jersey clearly.
The #440 parallel in the Topps factory set has Sanchez holding the football in both hands above his chest, the #6 on the front of the jersey is half hidden, the green 6 on his left arm appears to be pointing at the camera.

The target version, #2 of 5 is at a guess, a Jets preseason game, but it is a game in the Meadowlands, Sanchez is throwing behind his offensive line.

Hope that is the clarity you need.
Great info, Thanks. I'm a Sanchez fan...not a Jets fan though. Good luck this week, they should be fired up for this one and Cincy may bench their skilled position guys early. I bleed big blue by the way.
Big Blue fan and a Sanchez fan, it helps they are in a different conference so they play every 4th year and you don't have those awkward days when yo don't know who to cheer for, your team or an opposing player.
I have always liked to see the Giants do well also, never lived in N.Y. so that makes it easier.
I have seen the Giants play in 4 Super Bowls since I started following the Jets in 1982 when they made it to the AFC Championship game, losing in Miami.
Since 1982, 1 additional AFC Championship game with ex Giants Head Coach Bill Parcells leading the Jets with Bill Belichick as his defensive co-ordinator. Great coaching staff but fell flat in the 2nd half in Denver who then beat Atlanta in the Super Bowl.

I wish my franchise, hopefully with Mark 'Sanchise' Sanchez could make a Super Bowl so I could at least experience one as a fan, of course I would also want a Super Bowl win.

It would be nice to be able to buy Jets Super Bowl cards the following year, in this decade being a collectors of Patriots or Steelers Super Bowl cards, even a Peyton or Eli Manning Topps Super Bowl cards must have been a thrill as a team collector.

My wish for the next decade, to be happily collecting cards and to have a Jets Super Bowl card.

Happy New Year, to all other card collectors, especially the loyal team collectors like me.
Mark Sanchise just may grant you your wish??? I think they can handle SD and the Sanchise will be pumped to be playing back in SoCal. Good luck...I got em at 40 to 1 to win it all - long shot, I know but I couldn't resist.
GINGE01 Wrote:Hi, hope you are a fellow Jets and Sanchez fan.
The SP parallel version in packs is a mostly side picture, in the act of throwing, you can see the #6 on the front of his jersey clearly.
The #440 parallel in the Topps factory set has Sanchez holding the football in both hands above his chest, the #6 on the front of the jersey is half hidden, the green 6 on his left arm appears to be pointing at the camera.

The target version, #2 of 5 is at a guess, a Jets preseason game, but it is a game in the Meadowlands, Sanchez is throwing behind his offensive line.

Hope that is the clarity you need.

So is this the SP version
[Image: sanchez1.jpg]
Pages: 1 2