Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

benaguirrejr

darthtampon Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:
benaguirrejr Wrote:1992 Donruss with and without the Donruss "watermark" on the rear. Of the thousands of Donruss cards I've looked at, this Thomas is the only one I've seen without the "watermark."
Wow, I never even noticed the watermarks! I'll keep a lookout on those!
I cant varify this looking at 300+ nolan ryan cards. Might be a true rarity
I've looked to several hundred more 1992 Donruss and have not found anymore missing the watermark. It could simply be that the layer was not printed. The watermark is kind of a frosty layey see when the card is tilted at the right angle. It also appeared on the backs of 1991 leaf.

Interesting ...

Ohio_Collectibles

OK, Finally got all my Ryans Catalogues and organized. Looking for a few Ryan errors & variations

1989 Donruss #154C INC *DENOTES*

1990 Donruss #659A2 INC (5000K Front, 665 Rear)

1990 Donruss #665A2 INC (King Front, 659 Rear)

1990 Donruss #665A3 INC No # on Back

A line on any of these cards would be greatly appreciated

soxfan4004

benaguirrejr Wrote:With the new site coming, is there anyway the info contained here within can be saved and transferred over? If not, I have a sneaking suspicion all of these posts will go to the trash and we'll need o rehash this againin the future ...
I would like to know too. This is one the most interesting threads I found on here. Maybe somebody can archive the thread? I've saved all the pages as JPEGs but that will not help online.

magicpapa

i got theses blue ink/black ink(sorry johncyr )
[Image: strokesblue.jpg]
[Image: stroke.jpg]
a mere bump to the front page to honor the request made by soxfan4004....

soxfan4004

bump to the front page

lwlahaie22

Can anyone confirm or deny the supposed numbered variations for 1991 Leaf Gold Rookies? My for instance is that there's apparently a Van Poppel number 273 instead of BC9.

I've heard that these were released early in the production run, and quickly fixed. Anyone ever seen this? Most people I talk to are entirely unfamiliar.
[Image: edgarpatches.jpg]

2001 Fleer Genuine Edgar Martinez Final Cut SP  (says game worn batting glove, but has jersey patch)

soxfan4004

"Can anyone confirm or deny the supposed numbered variations for 1991
Leaf Gold Rookies? My for instance is that there's apparently a Van
Poppel number 273 instead of BC9."

Here's what the 2008 Standard Catalog says:
"Card nos of the issued version have a BC prefix, but there is a much rarer second verison of the Series 1 cards which carry card numbers between 265-276."  So apparently they do exist.

Hope this helps

Richard

jacksoncoupage

I can confirm seeing a couple of the 1991 Leaf Gold Rookies with regular numbering listed for auction over the last 5 years. Rico Brogna, Mo Vaughn and Pat Kelly come to mind. They absolutely do exist.

On a related note, I once found a 500ct box of 1991 Leaf Gold Rookies at a Goodwill and there was not a single copy that had the regular numbering in the box. They are truly scarce items.