Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

onionring9

bornagaincollector Wrote:Here are 2 more differant Greenwells i found.The one on the left i have 2 off and the one on the right i have 6 of.

[Image: Picture064.jpg]
Is this just an off-center cut or am I missing another variation on it?

onionring9

Here's a pic of the '91 UD with no Holo

[Image: 1991ud.jpg]

gregorye

Great thread & informative too!!

Here's a post I made just last week about an error I never knew of before.

.....And here's the details contained in that post:

Not a big error type guy, and I googled this before posting. Didn't see anything searching Dennis Martinez, 1992, score.

Anyway....front says 15th perfect game. Back says 13th. At the time of the cards printing, 13 would've been correct.

So has this error ever been noted, or did I "discover" a new/old error? I would presume it's already been noted, but who knows?

[Image: 15th.jpg]
[Image: 13th.jpg]

onionring9

Here's the '90 airbrushed mcgwire (mostly noticeable by the glare from the seats over his left shoulder)

[Image: 1990Bowman.jpg]

onionring9

Also note the 1997 Score Hobby Reserve (511 vs HR511)

[Image: hobby_reserve.jpg]

Thrill 22

onionring9 Wrote:Also note the 1997 Score Hobby Reserve (511 vs HR511)
Is this common with the Hobby Reserve, or only with the McGwire?

radarblip

Thrill, thanks for the new images. I thought, when looking at the overlaping pic that the card that you are saying is cropped was just a slightly larger image(1-2% larger). Now that I can compair them seperated, it looks as though the foil is just moved. Probably has to do with the feeding machine not grabbing every sheet the same way.

Onion, the greenwell is definately two different settings. The first photo might even be a proof setting. The background image was brought into focus in pic 2. The foil was probably tracking on the background image.

Onion again, the Bowman McGwire cards. I don't believe these are airbrushed. Its a seperate printing and the contrast was brought up and the image was slightly reduced in size making a sharper image.

All is just my opinion...Mel

bornagaincollector

Here is a better scan of 4 of them.

[Image: Picture066.jpg]

7guns

Great work I Love it more to find.

Fandruw25

Thrill 22 Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:Also note the 1997 Score Hobby Reserve (511 vs HR511)
Is this common with the Hobby Reserve, or only with the McGwire?

Andruw is also in this set with the HR notations. I think this is a set that is unrecognized by beckett.