Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Just venting a bit! What a wacko week!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What a horrible week for buying and selling...crossing my fingers it can only get better.

1st - I buy this card for a special collector - only to receive it with a BIG ***** Dent/Dimple on the card - The toploader was dented as well. No extra protection in bubble mailer...could've been avoided - card NOT replaceable.

[Image: 6hp259h3.jpeg]
[/url]
[url=https://sportscardalbum.com/card/qn4079g7/n-a][Image: qn4079g7.jpeg]

[Image: r994v896.jpeg]

2nd - I buy this card cause it's a variant I never seen before. Gameball without the ball piece but the top plastic coating it over the blank area already...really cool oddball...but seller did NOT disclose that the card was once glued to a frame or board before...Entire top edge has glue gunk all over it. SMH

[Image: k1of6qi0.jpeg]
[Image: 9q647b1h.jpeg]

3rd - Sold a $200 card on 7/22 and then no additional movement after 7/29. Buyer tells me 8/6 that card hasn't arrived. We BOTH contact USPS - without me knowing, he was able to open a case, but it is closed on 8/8. On the other hand, the postal worker told me to file a missing mail report online...I fill out the form meticulously on the PC only for it to come back - ERROR, try again. I do again and again and again for the NEXT 2 HOURS. Next morning I try it on the laptop - same BS - ERROR. In the evening. I try on the IPhone 13 and still - ERROR. Frustrated, I call 1(800)ASK-USPS and get their automated system which in the end said "file a missing mail report online or ask your local post office". I take the advise and go to the PO and again the worker say we don't do that here "we don't even have the form." Their advise "Ask to speak to a rep online"...I do that on 8/10 and get the automated system which really does NOT want you to speak to a represtative. 15 minute runaround and another 25 minutes on hold. Finally I speak to a rep. I inquire why was it "case close" - the recipent made an inquiry and they apologized to him but that was it. I was again told to file claim "online or in person". I had to explain everything to her again until she relented and took my info over the phone. Another 20 minutes as she seemed to have the same issues as I when entering the info cause I was asked repeatedly for the same info. UGH!. That night bam! tracking gets updated..finally delivered today! Amazing that nothing gets moving until you ask. Card in question was a Giulia 2018 BBM True Heart RC!

4th - Bought a 2022 Select Mark Brunell Auto #/75 on 7/13 which was supposed to be delivered by 7/21...tracking ends with "out for delivery" on 7/20 ... again no movement since. It was eBay standard white envelope shipping...95% of the time when it says that it IS delivered, but not this one. Crap!

5th - Bought 10 cards from 3 different sellers on Sportlots...All 10 cards were erroneously listed as Blue when in fact they were all Light Blue. I crossed checked to see if they listed cards as Light Blue as well and all 3 did, so I assume they knew the difference. One of the seller had 6000+ feedback. One order was cancelled cause they figured it out themselves. While the 3 cards that made it to my house all had to be "request refund".

If you made all the way down here, sorry for the rant. That was my week in sportscards, how was yours?
That week needs to go into the trash can. Tomorrow is another sunrise. LMK if you ever trade. good luck
Sorry for the headache.
Dud that really sucks to hear. When it rains it pours. I feel for you brother, had a pretty sweet Justin Fields Phoenix H2 parallel come big time dented/folded. Top loader too. Seller was only too gracious to refund but I think we both would have been happier had the card not gotten creamed.

If it's any solace, I'm always on the lookout for Brunell stuff in the most unlikely of places Smile.
Yep, I've had those crap weeks for sure. Hang in there!
POOR BOB.

That being said... I had an extremely lucky week the past week. Way too lucky. I am afraid the fates took it out on you for balance.
(08-11-2023, 07:31 PM)jaderock Wrote: [ -> ]5th - Bought 10 cards from 3 different sellers on Sportlots...All 10 cards were erroneously listed as Blue when in fact they were all Light Blue. I crossed checked to see if they listed cards as Light Blue as well and all 3 did, so I assume they knew the difference. One of the seller had 6000+ feedback. One order was cancelled cause they figured it out themselves. While the 3 cards that made it to my house all had to be "request refund".
A month later, sportlots steps in to finally refund me on one of my purchases. After I returned the cards, the seller ghost me.
Sportslot gonna sportslot
Hey Peter, not to be a jerk... but to let you know... after seeing how lucky I was that one week when everything went downhill... if my ying is to your yang, you might be in for a doozy bad week soon.
(09-12-2023, 07:45 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Peter, not to be a jerk... but to let you know... after seeing how lucky I was that one week when everything went downhill... if my ying is to your yang, you might be in for a doozy bad week soon.
I hope not...that was bad enough for a while.
Pages: 1 2