Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Buyer/Seller issue...what to do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's something that happened recently:

Buyer wins auction April 23 for $5 plus $4.25 s/h. Seller ships the next day using eBay's under $20 PWE option.

Two weeks goes by and the buyer notifies the seller that the card never arrived even though it says delivered on May 2.

Buyer states they never recieved it cause in their bookkeeping of cards it never was checked off nor was it in their May mailday box. It says it was delivered on 5/2 via PWE at 7:57AM. Our mail never comes in the morning (never earlier than 3pm and usually between 4-6pm). THIS CARD NEVER MADE IT TO ME. In your description it says 1st class mail via padded mailer with insurance. I would like a refund. Thank you

Seller replies with "The card was marked as delivered on 5/2. Id advise reaching out to your local post office"

What should happen here?
Similar event happened to me. 3 days later the package was put in my mailbox by local resident who was given it by mistake. I think the seller broke the rule by mailing a different method than advertised, but is being suspicious of whether the buyer actually got it and is trying to pull a fast one.

Not a Post Office issue, in my opinion.
Here’s what probably happened:

Buyer actually did receive the card, but was pissed they paid a few dollars more in shipping for a lesser service than was advertised. As a result, the buyer now wants a full refund, regardless if card is as described.

Seen it too many times on social media. With that said, if the listing did indeed say first class in a bubble mailer, then the seller is also in the wrong.

What SHOULD happen? Seller gives a partial refund on shipping and both parties are happy. What will happen? Buyer will want a 100% refund for no good reason regardless.
If you are the seller and item shows delivered, ebay will more than likely decide in your favor (seller). Buyer can and will probably dispute the judgement if they want to be a jerk. I've had an item show as delivered and I researched it with the post office and the item was miss-delivered. I had to get a letter from the post office which showed that they delivered the package incorrectly and then and only then did paypal refund my payment.

You can check the post office since they have GPS on packages that show where it was actually delivered. I literally had to jump through hoops to get my refund. All said, I would have preferred to have the card. I check ebay to see if someone relists the card since it was serial #1 of the print run but have not had it pop up again.
What should happen?

The seller should refund the buyer the entire ten bucks (yes, round up).  IMO, they lost their right to fight it by shipping PWE when the item description stated differently.  This should be a lesson learned.

The buyer shouldn't have to do anything beyond what they have done.  If it was me, I wouldn't fuss too much over a transaction this small.  If there is no resolution from the buyer, I would leave neutral feedback with a note stating the facts only, then not buy from that seller in the future.
Agree 100%with jmhotn. Seller is shady and would put a block on them.
(05-12-2022, 09:00 PM)david campos Wrote: [ -> ]I literally had to jump through hoops to get my refund.

That is a super weird return process.
With the Ebay Standard Envelope the item is marked as Delivered when the PO carrier left with it and did not come back with it. They do not scan the mas their scanners will not scan them.
(05-16-2022, 06:04 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: [ -> ]With the Ebay Standard Envelope the item is marked as Delivered when the PO carrier left with it and did not come back with it. They do not scan the mas their scanners will not scan them.
This. I have had PWE cards marked as delivered and show up several days later. Who knows if that will be the case here, but you absolutely cannot rely on tracking information and delivery confirmation for ebay's PWE shipping method.
(05-16-2022, 07:25 AM)PhoenixRisen Wrote: [ -> ]This. I have had PWE cards marked as delivered and show up several days later. Who knows if that will be the case here, but you absolutely cannot rely on tracking information and delivery confirmation for ebay's PWE shipping method.
Correct-- it does seem to be total based on where it is sent to though. I ship a couple of hundred of these a month and have only had a couple that claimed that did not get it within 2 days of saying delivered. Did have 1 where the seller said he never got it, but about 3 months later he got the "envelope" with an apology from PO, but cards were not in it anymore.
Pages: 1 2