Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2022 NFL Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First round is in the books!  Bears had no picks, so how'd y'all do?  Interesting looking at the teams with multiple picks

Baltimore - Safety and Center
Detroit - DE and WR
Green Bay - LB and DT (both from Georgia no less)
Houston - CB and OG
Jacksonville - DE and LB
Chiefs - CB and DE
New Orleans - WR and OT
New York Football Giants - DE and DT
New York Jets - CB, WR, DE

Plus Pittsburgh grabs the only QB this draft.  2022 Panini is gonna be such a bloodbath.  They better keep pumping out 2021 products, cause if QBs sell then they are in for a world of hurt.
Got our choice of any QB or O-lineman and got the one I wanted, Ickey Ekwonu. Maybe now CMC will have some protection.
(04-29-2022, 11:15 AM)CMCFan22 Wrote: [ -> ]Got our choice of any QB or O-lineman and got the one I wanted, Ickey Ekwonu. Maybe now CMC will have some protection.
CMC the Panthers new QB?  LOL  J/K...
(04-29-2022, 05:38 AM)jplarson Wrote: [ -> ]First round is in the books!  Bears had no picks, so how'd y'all do?  Interesting looking at the teams with multiple picks

Baltimore - Safety and Center
Detroit - DE and WR
Green Bay - LB and DT (both from Georgia no less)
Houston - CB and OG
Jacksonville - DE and LB
Chiefs - CB and DE
New Orleans - WR and OT
New York Football Giants - DE and DT
New York Jets - CB, WR, DE

Plus Pittsburgh grabs the only QB this draft.  2022 Panini is gonna be such a bloodbath.  They better keep pumping out 2021 products, cause if QBs sell then they are in for a world of hurt.
Man, when Jacksonville picked Walker #1 (LOL) I was so stoked.

So were the Lions, because it took them all of about 10 seconds (literally) to make the next pick - Aidan Hutchinson.

As for Jameson Williams at #12 (after a trade up!) ... we'll see.

I don't not like it. It's just a wait and see because of his ACL, though people keep saying him eventually being back on the field fits with our timeline because we're not ready to compete yet anyway.

When we first traded up to 12 from 32 I thought we were getting Kyle Hamilton ... Hamilton + Hutchinson would have been two potentially great adds to our defense.

But by all accounts Williams is/was the most talented receiver in the draft, and our GM Brad Holmes has made no secret about having a long term plan, so this pick definitely fits with that.

My only concern is that with picks #32 and #34 now traded away to move up, those were the spots we were potentially going to add a LB and DB, two positions we are in desperate need of.

Anyway, I'm assuming we're going defense with our next couple of picks today.
(04-29-2022, 12:52 PM)Speak917 Wrote: [ -> ]CMC the Panthers new QB?  LOL  J/K...
Maybe he could be...

He threw a 50ish-yard touchdown against the Saints in 2018 on a trick play. Later that season, when we were on our 4th QB of the year in week 17 (Cam hurt, Heinicke hurt, Kyle Allen hurt, Garrett Gilbert in; 6-9 against a playoff team resting its starters), CMC was warming up on the sidelines.

If worst comes to worst, CMC can fill in.

I mean, Brandon Zylstra (WR) handled kicks against the Bills last season after a kicker injury in warmups. You never know who will play a seemingly unfamiliar position.
(04-29-2022, 01:10 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, Brandon Zylstra (WR) handled kicks against the Bills last season after a kicker injury in warmups. You never know who will play a seemingly unfamiliar position.
I recognize that name!!
(04-29-2022, 06:12 PM)jplarson Wrote: [ -> ]I recognize that name!!
I hear he has a brother named Shane, LOL
Traded a 4th this year and a 3rd next year to move into day 2 and take Matt Corral.

With the o-line addressed with the Ekwonu selection, I like this pick in its context. Then I remember that Corral is a Panther. Behind the Panthers o-line. Learning from Sam Darnold. Coached by Matt Rhule. Coordinated by Ben McAdoo. How fun.

Now Panthers breaks will be way too expensive to buy into. I'll have to get team sets instead.
I hear ya there. I'm hoping I can get into a couple Bears breaks this year.
The Eagles got a defensive linesman (apparent the long term replacement for Fletcher Cox) and A.J. Brown.

I guess that the Eagles trading for Brown rather than drafting the wide receiver from Arkansas was better for my p.c. - after all, I had three A.J. Brown autos (Sage, Score, and XR) and one one Burks auto. A good object lesson in why you do not trade - and since two of the Brown autos were not NFL uniform, I don't even have to worry about them out of date.

The Eagles getting the top rated linebacker in the draft in the third round seems pretty cool as well.

I am disappointed, but not surprised given the modern NFL, that Breece Hall didn't break the Iowa State streak of going since 1973 without a First Round draft pick - just a couple of years ago, a running back with his production, skill set, and athletic ability would have been a Top 10 pick - but with the Ohio State receiver Wilson and Hall, Zach Wilson will have every chance to succeed now.

The 2022 NFL Products should plunge in price this year - wide receivers don't carry a high price

Given the draft class, Contenders Draft Picks should be a $100 hobby box product.
Pages: 1 2