Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: ENTIRE ORG 50% OFF BV!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How many of you are still owed?
Tracking has been sent to the individuals that purchased cards. Again, I apologize. Everyone is right, there is no excuse for the massive delay in shipping. Family issues or not, I have an obligation to follow through in a timely fashion. However, I don't rip people off, I've been a standup person in this card community for very long time with no issues. One time I struggle to come through and I'm a bad trader, getting a **must send first** tag on my name and am getting dragged. It's been fun, but I'm leaving Beckett for good now. You're all right, I'm a terrible person who steals peoples money. Don't worry about the cancer diagnosis my dad got hit with or anything like that. Someone didn't get their couple of baseball cards in a timely fashion, so there's our life and death situation. Have a good one all. Best of luck to you in the future.
You don't need to act like a victim. Just communicate! Put a message on your profile that you will be delayed...

Life is tough sometimes. We all go through crap. I wish people would stop making excuses and let others know if there is an issue...not just you, obviously!

A perfect history on eBay can go wrong with one transaction. It is called life. Sucks, but not personal.
(11-28-2021, 06:00 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to act like a victim.  Just communicate!!!
Not acting like a victim. I did communicate once I got through the initial shock and everything I was dealing with on it. Then I forgot to print tracking (that one admittedly my fault) but I realized it while I was back in Colorado for the holiday. I got home an hour ago and promptly opened my computer to get tracking taken care of so I can ship when my PO opens tomorrow. 

I've made over 600 deals on the site. I'm not a bad trader, never have been or will be. But now, I'm one of the worst traders/people on the site because of one little rough stretch, family issues or not. I'm not being a victim, I know I'm not. I'm simply saying it's amazing how quickly things can turn on you, no matter how many great deals you've made on the site. Only takes one little thing to turn you into a piece of scum. Is what it is. Clearly deserved on my part. 

As far as putting a message on my profile or anything like that, please understand that it rocked me pretty bad and cards weren't something I thought about at all until things settled down.
(11-28-2021, 06:04 PM)RyanKramer961 Wrote: [ -> ]Not acting like a victim. I did communicate once I got through the initial shock and everything I was dealing with on it. Then I forgot to print tracking (that one admittedly my fault) but I realized it while I was back in Colorado for the holiday. I got home an hour ago and promptly opened my computer to get tracking taken care of so I can ship when my PO opens tomorrow. 

I've made over 600 deals on the site. I'm not a bad trader, never have been or will be. But now, I'm one of the worst traders/people on the site because of one little rough stretch, family issues or not. I'm not being a victim, I know I'm not. I'm simply saying it's amazing how quickly things can turn on you, no matter how many great deals you've made on the site. Only takes one little thing to turn you into a piece of scum. Is what it is. Clearly deserved on my part. 

As far as putting a message on my profile or anything like that, please understand that it rocked me pretty bad and cards weren't something I thought about at all until things settled down.
Very good response.  Honest.  But, I don't think this ruins your reputation.  Did somebody leave bad feedback?  That "MSF" tag could be temporary.
(11-28-2021, 06:04 PM)RyanKramer961 Wrote: [ -> ]Not acting like a victim. I did communicate once I got through the initial shock and everything I was dealing with on it. Then I forgot to print tracking (that one admittedly my fault) but I realized it while I was back in Colorado for the holiday. I got home an hour ago and promptly opened my computer to get tracking taken care of so I can ship when my PO opens tomorrow. 

I hope your dad recovers.  Beckett has to do their job and they don't discriminate.  The activity level is so low on this site these days despite a beourgening sports card market that maybe; you got hit hardunfortunately. I agree with everyone else that chimed in...just communicate.  It won't always be convenient and it won't always be at your ideal time but Beckett *and* the mods have always done a good job of giving people the benefit of the doubt.  I've been on here for something like 15-20 years.  Its sad to see the decline but Im ride or die.  I hope your father is doing ok and the rest of your family.
(11-28-2021, 07:01 PM)lsolarte1 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope your dad recovers.  Beckett has to do their job and they don't discriminate.  The activity level is so low on this site these days despite a beourgening sports card market that maybe; you got hit hardunfortunately. I agree with everyone else that chimed in...just communicate.  It won't always be convenient and it won't always be at your ideal time but Beckett *and* the mods have always done a good job of giving people the benefit of the doubt.  I've been on here for something like 15-20 years.  Its sad to see the decline but Im ride or die.  I hope your father is doing ok and the rest of your family.
Thank you for your well wishes. 

I'm not disagreeing with anyone that communication goes a long way. I'm a firm believer in that as well. This was one of those times in my life though where it wasn't that I didn't want to communicate, it's just that baseball cards and hobby types of things were literally blocked from my mind. I didn't give a card one thought as I was processing and doing what I could. It didn't dawn on me until things had settled down a bit. I didn't log in to my account for what, 2 weeks or something around there? It wasn't an avoidance thing, it just wasn't anywhere on my mind.

I'm not trying to make excuses for anything. I know it may seem like it, I'm just trying to tell my side of it. The mods have been great with me and I sent a message back to one the moment I got it. I've made a LOT of trades and deals on the site, and I understand the frustration on the parties involved in the deals. For the frustration and feeling of getting duped, I do apologize. I know there's a lot of people going rogue these days and just scamming people left and right. I'm not one of those people. Never have been, never will be.

I'd hate to see my reputation ruined over one fleeting moment where things in my life got a bit sideways. If it is, I can completely understand that and I'll have to live with that and deal with the consequences. I just hope that this is one of those things that can be viewed as a blip, and not a black mark on me as a person or trader.
Anyone else still owed?

Or, at that rate, does anyone else's tracking # have actual activity? The tracking he sent me a week ago still shows "USPS awaiting item"
(12-08-2021, 02:50 PM)gotopes Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else still owed?

Or, at that rate, does anyone else's tracking # have actual activity? The tracking he sent me a week ago still shows "USPS awaiting item"
I've had an issue with the PO where items weren't moving after getting dropped. The other person that was dropped with yours finally showed movement as of last night after contacting them on it. Yours was right there with that package, so I'm surprised there isn't movement on it yet. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow it moves because it was dropped the same day as the one that just now started showing movement. I assure you it's been dropped at the PO.
I have had issues with the PO lately where is shows nothing for days and then all of a sudden it out for delivery and I get it that same day. I have dealt with RyanKramer961 before and never had any issues. I would not be worried about getting your cards. I think the post office is way behind right now, but they are getting packages delivered. Hopefully all works out for you.
Pages: 1 2 3