Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1988 Donruss error cards no dot after inc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anybody know if this error is legitimate or not. That some of the 1988 Donruss cards do not have the period at the end of their trademark and year on the back were it states  "1987 leaf, inc." but the period is missing. I have heard of this and seen some on ebay for high dollar amounts and in the past have had many cards with the period. 
I recently came across a collection I acquired were I have 100+ different cards of this set many without the period. I ask cause I only see the same few names pop up but I now have commons and stars without it.
My question being, do I have something here or is this the 99% of the time I am disapointed Sad .

Thank you everyone in advance as I know more about hockey than baseball so any info helps
Seems to me that they are not that much harder to get. It was just a difference between 1 print run and another.
On the 1987 Donruss each card can be found with the stat box on the back right side up or upside down. 1989 Donruss has one or two asterisks on the back of each card. 1991 Donruss has different colored stripe patterns on the borders for each card. In each of these years one is the factory set and the other is retail pack cards. Perhaps the period is the difference on the 1988 set?
(09-06-2021, 08:25 PM)zeprock Wrote: [ -> ]On the 1987 Donruss each card can be found with the stat box on the back right side up or upside down. 1989 Donruss has one or two asterisks on the back of each card. 1991 Donruss has different colored stripe patterns on the borders for each card. In each of these years one is the factory set and the other is retail pack cards. Perhaps the period is the difference on the 1988 set?
The 1991 Donruss factory set cards are different than the design in packs?!
(09-06-2021, 08:25 PM)zeprock Wrote: [ -> ]On the 1987 Donruss each card can be found with the stat box on the back right side up or upside down. 1989 Donruss has one or two asterisks on the back of each card. 1991 Donruss has different colored stripe patterns on the borders for each card. In each of these years one is the factory set and the other is retail pack cards. Perhaps the period is the difference on the 1988 set?
I believe 1988, 1991, and 1992 all had the "INC" (pack version)/"INC." (factory set) variations.  1990 also had variations in the splatter pattern between factory sets and packs in addition to the years Mark mentioned here.  My guess it was some sort of quality control for Leaf so they would know which print run a card came from?
The numb nuts selling these on the bay were trying to get like $500 apiece for junk era Donruss commons, but they've (sort of) come to their senses once none of those sold and are now offering them for the low low price of $50 apiece.

Wonderful, new collectors. A true, true joy and treasure to this new era of the hobby.
…..33 years old and I bet there still printing them…..Smile

I have 4 5000 count boxes filled….if you like to look
(09-07-2021, 03:35 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]The numb nuts selling these on the bay were trying to get like $500 apiece for junk era Donruss commons, but they've (sort of) come to their senses once none of those sold and are now offering them for the low low price of $50 apiece.

Wonderful, new collectors. A true, true joy and treasure to this new era of the hobby.
 Like the Fleer Jose Uribe or '89 Donruss Alex Madrid. But it's not the new collectors selling them, the new collectors are the ones buying them. However both the buyer and the seller are "numb nuts". Seller for cheating people and the buyer for not doing any research.
(09-07-2021, 06:51 AM)flood and fire Wrote: [ -> ]I believe 1988, 1991, and 1992 all had the "INC" (pack version)/"INC." (factory set) variations.  1990 also had variations in the splatter pattern between factory sets and packs in addition to the years Mark mentioned here.  My guess it was some sort of quality control for Leaf so they would know which print run a card came from?
THANK YOU!  This makes much more sense than anything else I've read.  And it makes sense because all of my "no period" cards came from packs.
(09-07-2021, 05:28 PM)pjrussell529 Wrote: [ -> ] Like the Fleer Jose Uribe or '89 Donruss Alex Madrid. But it's not the new collectors selling them, the new collectors are the ones buying them. However both the buyer and the seller are "numb nuts". Seller for cheating people and the buyer for not doing any research.
Facts ... every word
Pages: 1 2