Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Found Some Retail Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friends, mis amigos, comrades,

I was out and about today running some errands, and I popped into Walmart, hoping to get lucky. The shelves were mostly bare, save for 3 blasters of Contenders Draft Picks and 2 hangers of Score (both 2021). I'm not going to open them now; I'll either sell them later or crack 'em open at another point, maybe the Super Bowl, since I've had a big Super Bowl break for the last 2 seasons. There is hope, my friends, that you can come across spare boxes/packs.
(06-12-2021, 12:58 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: [ -> ]My friends, mis amigos, comrades,

I was out and about today running some errands, and I popped into Walmart, hoping to get lucky. The shelves were mostly bare, save for 3 blasters of Contenders Draft Picks and 2 hangers of Score (both 2021). I'm not going to open them now; I'll either sell them later or crack 'em open at another point, maybe the Super Bowl, since I've had a big Super Bowl break for the last 2 seasons. There is hope, my friends, that you can come across spare boxes/packs.
I was at my Walmart (in MA) this weekend and went to one of the express checkout counters and they happened to have Score football hangars and 2021 Topps S2 blasters (and UD hockey Star Rookie set and women's soccer cards). They always had them in an aisle near self checkout which still has supplies/non gaming, but this is the first I noticed they still carried the other stuff. I assumed they stopped carrying it with the craziness.
Awesome!
You know I found some blasters at my local CVS store. They're usually right by the register.
(06-17-2021, 03:22 PM)RattPoison2 Wrote: [ -> ]You know I found some blasters at my local CVS store.  They're usually right by the register.
Huh. Didn't know they sold sports cards at CVS. What brand?
(06-17-2021, 03:22 PM)RattPoison2 Wrote: [ -> ]You know I found some blasters at my local CVS store.  They're usually right by the register.
I've heard of Walgreens and Rite Aid selling cards, but the only thing I've ever seen at CVS are those mixer packs
I was late to the party again this morning at WalMart. Saw the shelf stickers for Contenders basketball and Chronicles football. However there were only Topps team sets and Series II for baseball. Wanted to open something so got a blaster of the baseball hoping for a good commemorative patch card.
Stopped by another Walmart this morning, and they had exactly 1 blaster of '21 Contenders DP football, so naturally, I picked it up. Plus, I won 4 blaster packs of '21 Score during break giveaways. I don't know if I'll open anything anytime soon, though. I want to hang onto my sealed stuff as both an investment and an open-later-probably-on-Super-Bowl-Sunday sort of deal. I might have already exhausted my retail luck for the year lol.
I saw some Score Hanger packs at the local CVS here - was surprised to see - although they were priced at $9 it looks like, so that was definitely a NO!

And thanks moderators for getting rid of the spambot so fast!
Found 2 2021 Elite boxes (5 cards x 4 packs) at WalMart today. First time I've seen football in a long time.