Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Rodgers and Favre, the saga continues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seems like the Packers are repeating history. Favre went all diva at the end of his time in GB. Rodgers brought diva from the time he walked in the door, from numerous sources. The things I liked about Rodgers, his talent on the field was incredible for many years. He showed last year that he can still do it when he's focused. When he was younger and playing with fire and enjoying, it was fun watching him and Raji doing their silly little celebrations, and the belt. Watching him with Nelson was a ton of fun as well! And in his defense, the Packers wasted some of his best years with bad drafting choices. 

That being said, I never liked him off the field. He's always put his ego ahead of the team. When he went Hollywood, he play declined badly, costing them games, even though he was still playing above average, it wasn't to his potential. Instead of being like Brady, his ego and money kept him from helping the team afford talent, and he didn't go out and recruit much. Not all of it has been his fault, the past regime was terrible up and down. But now Rodgers is following Favre's path out of Green Bay. By refusing to restructure this year, the packers can't add outside talent. Like with Favre, as a fan, I'm tired of the drama. My love of the current NFL is draining fast, and drama like this doesn't make me feel good as a fan of the game. I want to see sports!  I'm ready to trade him and move on. Work with the Broncos on taking some dead money, get Teddy, another good player, their 2nd this year, and their 1st next year, and stock up on guys to help Teddy and Love succeed. Get aggressive and grab some of the talent still here in rounds 2 and 3. 

Rodgers has provided us a lot of wins and fun moments on the field as Packer fans, but I'm ready to move on. Not really excited to see him come back even if they work things out. I'd rather be cheering Teddy on! Teddy would bring a unique personality to the team, and I think he would be an awesome addition! From a fan standpoint, watching Mahomes and Rodgers play every year would be entertaining!
(04-30-2021, 02:35 PM)savagenate Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like the Packers are repeating history. Favre went all diva at the end of his time in GB. Rodgers brought diva from the time he walked in the door, from numerous sources. The things I liked about Rodgers, his talent on the field was incredible for many years. He showed last year that he can still do it when he's focused. When he was younger and playing with fire and enjoying, it was fun watching him and Raji doing their silly little celebrations, and the belt. Watching him with Nelson was a ton of fun as well! And in his defense, the Packers wasted some of his best years with bad drafting choices. 

That being said, I never liked him off the field. He's always put his ego ahead of the team. When he went Hollywood, he play declined badly, costing them games, even though he was still playing above average, it wasn't to his potential. Instead of being like Brady, his ego and money kept him from helping the team afford talent, and he didn't go out and recruit much. Not all of it has been his fault, the past regime was terrible up and down. But now Rodgers is following Favre's path out of Green Bay. By refusing to restructure this year, the packers can't add outside talent. Like with Favre, as a fan, I'm tired of the drama. My love of the current NFL is draining fast, and drama like this doesn't make me feel good as a fan of the game. I want to see sports!  I'm ready to trade him and move on. Work with the Broncos on taking some dead money, get Teddy, another good player, their 2nd this year, and their 1st next year, and stock up on guys to help Teddy and Love succeed. Get aggressive and grab some of the talent still here in rounds 2 and 3. 

Rodgers has provided us a lot of wins and fun moments on the field as Packer fans, but I'm ready to move on. Not really excited to see him come back even if they work things out. I'd rather be cheering Teddy on! Teddy would bring a unique personality to the team, and I think he would be an awesome addition! From a fan standpoint, watching Mahomes and Rodgers play every year would be entertaining!
You don't want Teddy from a football standpoint lol. Granted, the Panthers had a bad defense, but he was 0-8 on game tying or winning drives last season with less than two minutes to go (granted, one was a missed 65-yd FG just under the 2min warning and he never got the ball back).
GB was one of my favorite teams, till some decisions were made, and I'm not sure I like Rodgers as a person. I want to see them get some value out of the Jordan Love pick from last year.
(04-30-2021, 02:35 PM)savagenate Wrote: [ -> ]I'm ready to trade him and move on. Work with the Broncos on taking some dead money, get Teddy, another good player, their 2nd this year, and their 1st next year, and stock up on guys to help Teddy and Love succeed. Get aggressive and grab some of the talent still here in rounds 2 and 3. 
I 1000000% agree! Trade him ASAP!
(04-30-2021, 05:12 PM)jplarson Wrote: [ -> ]I 1000000% agree!  Trade him ASAP!
Hey hey hey... you just got Fields, you don't have much to worry about lol
(If he works out, that is)
(04-30-2021, 06:21 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey hey hey... you just got Fields, you don't have much to worry about lol
(If he works out, that is)
I had to laugh when ESPN Draft analyst said that now the Bears have the best QB in the NFC North...gimme a break!
(04-30-2021, 05:12 PM)jplarson Wrote: [ -> ]I 1000000% agree!  Trade him ASAP!
Haha! Figured I wouldn't have to do much to convince you :p RJ must be in heaven right now lol
(04-30-2021, 03:13 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: [ -> ]You don't want Teddy from a football standpoint lol. Granted, the Panthers had a bad defense, but he was 0-8 on game tying or winning drives last season with less than two minutes to go (granted, one was a missed 65-yd FG just under the 2min warning and he never got the ball back).
GB was one of my favorite teams, till some decisions were made, and I'm not sure I like Rodgers as a person. I want to see them get some value out of the Jordan Love pick from last year.
True, but He didn't have Adams. He didn't have CMC, he didn't have Jones, Packers O-Line is better. If Teddy didn't make mistakes, we'd still win football games. But between Tampa and the NFC West, I don't think we are getting to a SB anytime soon anyways lol. I don't think Love is ready, so Teddy could be really helpful in showing what a good person off the field and a good teammate is, things that maybe Rodgers hasn't shown him. Besides, if Packers are going to lose their dominance, I'd rather have a fun guy to cheer for, win or lose lol.
(05-01-2021, 02:51 PM)savagenate Wrote: [ -> ]True, but He didn't have Adams. He didn't have CMC, he didn't have Jones, Packers O-Line is better.
[Image: 300px-No%2C_No._He%27s_Got_a_Point.jpg]

(Image not mine, all rights to its rightful owner/owners)
(05-01-2021, 08:22 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 300px-No%2C_No._He%27s_Got_a_Point.jpg]

(Image not mine, all rights to its rightful owner/owners)
Haha!
Okay, let's be real here. NFL is in place to entertain and give guys a chance to make great money while playing a game. If it was just about winning, there would only be 8-10 teams remaining in the league!!

I miss watching Teddy play. Not the greatest arm, not the smartest field general, but he doesn't just stand in the pocket waiting for a receiver to get open while getting blasted from the defensive line. I would take him back in a heartbeat to replace Cousins because I want to be entertained.
Pages: 1 2