Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Timeliness of pricing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have one mild critique of how pricing is handled on this site. 

I was very surprised to see Joe Musgrove RC's rise 200% following his no hitter. I guess I should say Im not surprised his cards are rising, but Im surprised at how quickly after the No hitter they had the green arrows. I guess the cards of Akil Baddoo and Yermin Mercedes were adjusted quickly too. I think that is excellent.

I do wish it were a bit more consistent though. Cedric Mullins and especially Byron Buxton are off to really hot starts, and to date, nothing is happening on their cards even though Im seeing some pretty good demand on Buxton cards on ebay. 

Another slightly different example is 2016 Topps Chrome Corey Seager RC. It just out of the blue went from a single digit dollar value to nearly 3 figures. That should have happened months ago after the World Series when his cards were red hot.

Like I said, its really nothing more than a mild annoyance, but I think it would make trading easier if pricing updates were more timely.

I know the powers that be dont read this board, so Im just choosing to vent. HAHA
I agree with you.
(04-14-2021, 01:03 PM)jbissell Wrote: [ -> ]I was very surprised to see Joe Musgrove RC's rise 200% following his no hitter.
I have a Joc Pederson card in my org that went up about 600% randomly one day a month or so ago.  Apparently at one point he had hit a bunch of home runs in a very short amount of time in spring training.  Guy is hitting around .120 right now with 4 hits in 34 at bats.
(04-14-2021, 04:07 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Joc Pederson card in my org that went up about 600% randomly one day a month or so ago.  Apparently at one point he had hit a bunch of home runs in a very short amount of time in spring training.  Guy is hitting around .120 right now with 4 hits in 34 at bats.
I’ve definitely noticed cards are going up much faster than they’re going down. Definitely the sign of a scorching market right now.
It’ll now be interesting to see what happens with Carlos Rodon cards..
Brian Fleischer is very receptive to actual sales or auctions showing when pricing is not in line with current beckett pricing. If you send him a link to actual auctions with realized prices, he does adjust pricing. I normally can tell when a card is hot by the trade offers I get. I've received trade offers for guys like Greinke, Bo Jackson, Anthony Bourdain and Dave Portnoy ginter cards along with the cryptocurrency and ginter egg cards..

Edited to add: When he does adjust pricing, it normally takes a day for the organize to update and refresh on the pricing as well. I believe that is also why a lot of cards do not appear right away when they are added to one's organize.
Interesting information. Thanks David.
Can anybody explain the difference between Beckett posting pricing updates and those values reflecting in Collection Values?  There is usually at least one day difference, but it varies.  Which timeframe reflects in card values for trades?
Had it happen again today...overall collection increased but no indication of increase among actual cards owned.
(04-15-2021, 04:23 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]Had it happen again today...overall collection increased but no indication of increase among actual cards owned.
Did you have cards in your collection that just received new pricing (from "n/a" to an initial price value)?

I think the arrows expire after a month.  For that to be the cause, it would have had to be longer than that since you last updated your collection value.  If you are like me, that's not it.

I also think the "update value" execution code glitches from time to time.
Pages: 1 2