Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Timeliness of pricing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-15-2021, 07:36 PM)jmhorn Wrote: [ -> ]Did you have cards in your collection that just received new pricing (from "n/a" to an initial price value)?

I think the arrows expire after a month.  For that to be the cause, it would have had to be longer than that since you last updated your collection value.  If you are like me, that's not it.

I also think the "update value" execution code glitches from time to time.
Nope.  Existing cards from 2020 and earlier.
My assumption / guess is the thing that can be causing a quick - and I mean real quick- uptick is the change in Market Place pricing. This is in reference to Joe Musgrove RC's after his no-hitter. ?
Interesting theory Phillies_Joe.

Another case in point just today.... 2014 Topps Chrome Update Jacob Degrom.
(04-14-2021, 11:31 PM)david campos Wrote: [ -> ]Brian Fleischer is very receptive to actual sales or auctions showing when pricing is not in line with current beckett pricing. If you send him a link to actual auctions with realized prices, he does adjust pricing. I normally can tell when a card is hot by the trade offers I get. I've received trade offers for guys like Greinke, Bo Jackson, Anthony Bourdain and Dave Portnoy ginter cards along with the cryptocurrency and ginter egg cards..

Edited to add: When he does adjust pricing, it normally takes a day for the organize to update and refresh on the pricing as well. I believe that is also why a lot of cards do not appear right away when they are added to one's organize.
I'm hoping someone sends me trade request for my cryptocurrency card.  I just don't care for non-baseball.
I agree with you Benner. Thats kind of why I stopped buying Allen and Ginter.
Francisco Lindor dropping like a rock. Beckett is on it!
(04-20-2021, 09:40 AM)jbissell Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with you Benner. Thats kind of why I stopped buying Allen and Ginter.
The only non-baseball cards I saved are Erin Andrews, and a Mini Black Border Macolm Gladwell.  

Sold a Roger Federer tennis shorts card I pulled from an A&G box years ago.  That's what caused me to stop buying this product!
The only non-baseball cards I have where both sent by RJ.....where are you buddy! Embid RC basketball and a Nick Jonas auto card out of A&G (for my daughter). Incorrect - have a pulled Richard Petty auto from A&G - now where in the hell did I put that card! LOL.
(05-11-2021, 12:55 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]The only non-baseball cards I have where both sent by RJ.....where are you buddy!  Embid RC basketball and a Nick Jonas auto card out of A&G (for my daughter).  Incorrect - have a pulled Richard Petty auto from A&G - now where in the hell did I put that card!  LOL.
The only non-baseball cards I have are of the Detroit Tigers...LOL (will this bring out RJ?)
(05-11-2021, 01:03 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]The only non-baseball cards I have are of the Detroit Tigers...LOL (will this bring out RJ?)
I stalk him here - LOL.  was hoping to see him back.
Pages: 1 2