Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Does anyone know how to tell a counterfeit or reprint LeBron rc from a real one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a copy of a 2003-04 Topps rc and I want to find out hat to look for to tell the difference
i pulled one mine personally so i know its original but ive been seeing a lot of people selling reprints ion ebay. youll probably get better response in facebook group chat forums. nba hotspot is a good one. a lot of people in quire there especially fleer jordan rc
I had a real one but foolishly traded it away.  Now I have either a reprint or counterfeit and would like to know how to tell the difference.
The counterfeit 03-04 cards have super glossy fronts and backs. That year card wasnt glossy. Hope this helps!
(04-10-2021, 05:06 AM)yabbiballcards Wrote: [ -> ]The counterfeit 03-04 cards have super glossy fronts and backs. That year card wasnt glossy. Hope this helps!
I have a 2003-04 LeBron Topps rc reprint but after looking at it, it is not glossy, at least to my eyes
(04-11-2021, 11:32 AM)cspen Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 2003-04 LeBron Topps rc reprint but after looking at it, it is not glossy, at least to my eyes
Can you post picture of front and back for me?
A lot of fake copies will have the silver foil printed as part of the image and not as a separate silver foil layer, or only have the silver printed in some areas but not all the areas that should have foil. That is because it is harder and more costly to do certain portions of the print with foil, particularly the high detail areas that require very small lines done in foil. So that is the 1st thing I always look for. If that isn't right than it's an obvious fake.
Also, I wish people would realize these are not reprints, they are fakes/forgeries. A reprint would have to be issued by Topps or have Topps approval. It really annoys me when people call them reprints, as that tries to add some layer of validity, as they don't want to say they are forgeries as then nobody would want to buy them.
(04-11-2021, 06:40 PM)yabbiballcards Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post picture of front and back for me?
I will if I can figure out how.
(04-12-2021, 12:27 PM)cspen Wrote: [ -> ]I will if I can figure out how.
You might be able to do it by getting the image onto a computer and right-clicking on it and choose "copy image location." Then, on Beckett, choose "insert an image" in your post (left of the envelope) and paste the copied image location. Mess around with the size numbers, and you should be good to go. Hopefully this works, I wanna see the card!