Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2021 topps series 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
problems putting 2021 topps series 1 set together
What does that mean? You don't know how, you don't have space, you don't have all the cards?
What are you missing?
kerryandbeth Wrote:What does that mean?  You don't know how, you don't have space, you don't have all the cards?
I have been away from collecting for a while.My grandson wanted to start collecting so we purchased 3 blaster boxes of the 2021 topps series 1 (Walmart)Then I purchased 3 more boxes and 6 fat packs.He has of yet been able to put the 330 card set together.Those boxes are not cheap.Seem like when I was collecting I never purchased over 3 maybe 4 boxes.
Am I missing something?
juzzell Wrote:I have been away from collecting for a while.My grandson wanted to start collecting so we purchased 3 blaster boxes of the 2021 topps series 1 (Walmart)Then I purchased 3 more boxes and 6 fat packs.He has of yet been able to put the 330 card set together.Those boxes are not cheap.Seem like when I was collecting I never purchased over 3 maybe 4 boxes.
Am I missing something?
No, I was just checking to see what your question referred to...collation among boxes has been an issue for quite some time, and it seems difficult to get 330 unique cards unless you buy enough boxes to equal over 600 cards (at least).  My experiences have not been quite as bad as some others, but I definitely use trades, Beckett Marketplace, and COMC to fill in the gaps when putting together a set rather than keep buying boxes and hoping for the best.

Good luck!
Seconding what kerryandbeth said. Blasters stink due to collation. I have actually gotten blasters that contained all of the exact same cards in different boxes. I suggest completing the Opening Day set - 220 cards and the prices are a lot cheaper and still have fun collecting. Let me know what you still need and I'll see what I have as extras that I can send your way. To save money, if colleting Topps flagship - Series 1&2 wait until the complete sets come out in June/July and buy a set for around $70-$80. Good luck and have fun collecting with your grandson!
After buying several series 1 blasters and hangers. I went to a card show this weekend and bought the 42 or so cards I needed to complete series 1. You might want to check and see if there is a card show in your area. Your grandson might enjoy looking through the boxes for the cards that he needs. Just a suggestion.
Why not send out a list on here and see if we have some of your common wants???
Phillies_Joe Wrote:Seconding what kerryandbeth said. Blasters stink due to collation.  I have actually gotten blasters that contained all of the exact same cards in different boxes.  I suggest completing the Opening Day set - 220 cards and the prices are a lot cheaper and still have fun collecting.  Let me know what you still need and I'll see what I have as extras that I can send your way.  To save money, if colleting Topps flagship - Series 1&2  wait until the complete sets come out in June/July and buy a set for around $70-$80.  Good luck and have fun collecting with your grandson!
Getting 2 blasters that have the same cards is not bad collation-- just back luck. Bad collation is when you get more than 1 of the same card in the same box.