Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: A "Major League" Pull From CVS Mixer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Friends in Baseball,

About the only retail cards I've been able to find at all in the last six weeks are these mixers of 80 random cards at local pharmacies like CVS and Rite-Aid.

I always manage to pull something fun or unexpected.

Here is my latest find ... Pete Vuckovich, a fine pitcher in his heyday but may be better known as Yankees villain Clu Haywood from the epic baseball film "Major League" ...

[Image: Pete.jpg]

I laughed when I pulled it ... "We're gonna light your a-- up, meat!"
I remember him. He was pretty solid!
jbissell Wrote:I remember him. He was pretty solid!
"Hey Taylor, how's your wife and my kids?"

LOL
Those repack mixers always seem to have one or two cards that make it worth it.

Nice find!
rjcj2017 Wrote:"Hey Taylor, how's your wife and my kids?"

LOL
"What's the matter Taylor, couldn't cut it in the Mexican League?"
jack pfiester Wrote:"What's the matter Taylor, couldn't cut it in the Mexican League?"
LOL ... I’ve seen that movie like a hundred times.
cjgiannini Wrote:Those repack mixers always seem to have one or two cards that make it worth it.

Nice find!
I’ve probably busted 30 or 40 of them over the last couple of years and can honestly say I’ve never been disappointed.

You have to go into it knowing it was only $5 and you won’t pull any high dollar cards, but you will always feel like you got your minimal investment back.

Like this Clu Haywood card, for example.

I actually have the four card “team set” of the movie Indians from Archives a few years back - Vaughn, Taylor, Dorn and Harris - in a 100-point top loader inside a team bag.

So I added this card to said team bag and got a chuckle out of it ... for five bucks.
rjcj2017 Wrote:I’ve probably busted 30 or 40 of them over the last couple of years and can honestly say I’ve never been disappointed.

You have to go into it knowing it was only $5 and you won’t pull any high dollar cards, but you will always feel like you got your minimal investment back.

Like this Clu Haywood card, for example.

I actually have the four card “team set” of the movie Indians from Archives a few years back - Vaughn, Taylor, Dorn and Harris - in a 100-point top loader inside a team bag.

So I added this card to said team bag and got a chuckle out of it ... for five bucks.
Absolutely. I always spend my Walgreens rewards on these so I'm not even spending the $5 or $10. I've gotten Cal Ripken and Ricky Henderson topps cards out of those $5 boxes. I once got a $10 repack box with 1 hobby pack and 2 retail packs and the hobby pack -which was 2013 Pinnacle- had a Mike Trout insert.
cjgiannini Wrote:Absolutely. I always spend my Walgreens rewards on these so I'm not even spending the $5 or $10. I've gotten Cal Ripken and Ricky Henderson topps cards out of those $5 boxes. I once got a $10 repack box with 1 hobby pack and 2 retail packs and the hobby pack -which was 2013 Pinnacle- had a Mike Trout insert.
LOL, I think I got the same Trout ... was it the “Naturals” insert?
rjcj2017 Wrote:LOL, I think I got the same Trout ... was it the “Naturals” insert?
 I think it was a Team Pinnacle card with Griffey Jr.

I ended up trading it on here with someone.
Pages: 1 2