Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2019-20 Sp Authentic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I usually have decent luck with SP Authentic, but this box had me on the ropes.

[Image: aU8qlKV.jpg]

Those were in my first 5 packs.

These were my next 8 packs.
[Image: I0HJrxe.jpg]

Getting a little disappointed at this point that the box is a dud.

until pack 15
[Image: Xoh1YqD.jpg]
Boom! Nice end to a horrid box! Congrats on the huge pull. Hopefully Jack will catch up to Quinn. Tongue

Randi
rayeates Wrote:Boom! Nice end to a horrid box! Congrats on the huge pull. Hopefully Jack will catch up to Quinn. Tongue

Randi

Jack needs the same talent around him that Quinn has. 
Now, clearly I'm biased because I just pulled the Jack Hughes Young Gun and want it to be a good card (LOL), but the thing to remember is that he is 19 years old.

I mean, he can't even legally buy a beer for two more years ... think about that.

I just saw a story about him where he's been lifting weights all offseason to bulk up to be able to battle for the puck better.

Can't be a bad thing, right?

Granted, some guys come into the league and light it up from Day One (Crosby, McDavid, etc.), but we're talking a miniscule percentage.

Most guys take a couple of years to fully realize their path to stardom, and I can't imagine the pressure on a teenage kid to be the face of a pro sports franchise.

I think this guy will be fine!
rjcj2017 Wrote:Now, clearly I'm biased because I just pulled the Jack Hughes Young Gun and want it to be a good card (LOL), but the thing to remember is that he is 19 years old.

I mean, he can't even legally buy a beer for two more years ... think about that.

I just saw a story about him where he's been lifting weights all offseason to bulk up to be able to battle for the puck better.

Can't be a bad thing, right?

Granted, some guys come into the league and light it up from Day One (Crosby, McDavid, etc.), but we're talking a miniscule percentage.

Most guys take a couple of years to fully realize their path to stardom, and I can't imagine the pressure on a teenage kid to be the face of a pro sports franchise.

I think this guy will be fine!
I have no question about his talent. I am more worried about the Devils as an organization being able to put a solid team around him for him to be as successful as his brother will be with the Canucks.
OrrtoBourque Wrote:I have no question about his talent. I am more worried about the Devils as an organization being able to put a solid team around him for him to be as successful as his brother will be with the Canucks.
Indeed.
Sweet ending
shierydana Wrote:Sweet ending
I always like it when I pull a huge hit in the first few packs, because then the rest of the box just feels like a bonus.

But glad it worked out!