Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Drivers drivers drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Chase Briscoe driving the 14 next year.

No surprise.

Kyle Larson to drive the 88 for HMS, but it will become the 5.

Boom.
The Briscoe news has been confirmed. But I still see nothing about Larson besides him being cleared to race in 2021. But I've said most of the year that he would end up with Hendrick. Not sure why HMS would swap car #'s again though. I'm guessing Dale Jr. had something to do with them keeping the #88 when they got the #9 for Chase Elliott and dropped the #5 instead of the #88. The #5 is more known as an HMS car. If it wasn't for Dale Jr., the #88 would be known more for Dale Jarrett's UPS car with RYR.

Anyway, we'll see what else comes up in the next few weeks for all of NASCAR.
Brother, if I post it as confirmed, it is confirmed... LOL

I was speculating on Chase Briscoe to the 14 a few months ago. Once Clint Bowyer announced he was retiring, then I knew that this was a done deal. They just need to get High Point to sign the Cup Series sponsorship, but this was done over a month ago...

I said that Bowman was moving to the 48, and that happened. That is a sponsorship deal, but also there is definitely something going on with the 88, and it will be a JRM car number soon...the 5 is going to be Kyle Larson. You can wait on the "official" announcement, but you can put it on the board.

Boogity boogity boogity.
Oh, ya, Erik Jones to be in the 43 car in 2021.
(10-21-2020, 07:31 PM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, ya, Erik Jones to be in the 43 car in 2021.
I called that one on Sept. 10th in the Bubba thread.

"I almost fully expect RPM to announce Erik Jones as their new driver."
I wasn't doubting your Larson info, just saying that I hadn't seen anything yet. But I've been saying Larson to Hendrick ever since CGR fired him in the Spring.
spazmatastic Wrote:I wasn't doubting your Larson info, just saying that I hadn't seen anything yet. But I've been saying Larson to Hendrick ever since CGR fired him in the Spring.
BAH - I was just messing. I get a nugget of a rumor and I run with it if it sounds like it makes sense to me.

My best take was Bowman to the 48.  That was solid a long time ago.

Larson to the 5 (88) only hinged on him getting reinstated. If he was still at CGR, it would have been Larson to the 48.

The return of the 5 car is a pretty sweet call, too, though. My guess is Jr. has a team at the Cup level running the 88 in 2022...a HMS 5th team type of deal.
It wouldn't surprise me if Jr. starts a Cup team when the newest NextGen car gets on track. He certainly has the money. But I'd think he would drop an NXS car to run 3 there and 1 in Cup.

Oh, we finally know the name of the Jordan/Hamlin team and it's not really a surprise. The team is 23XI Racing (twenty-three/eleven) and the car # is 23.
I have seen larson has been cleared to race in 2021.
Jimmie Johnson now has a sponsor to run all 13 IndyCar races he wanted to race next year. Carvana has signed on to sponsor him. CGR is now going to try to find a driver and a sponsor to run the 4 oval races in the season.
Pages: 1 2