Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2020 Luis Robert Auto /99 - Sell or Hold?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=14757]

Can I get some opinions on whether this card is top of the heat index now or possibly hotter later?  It is the 2020 Bowman Sterling Speckle Refractor Auto.  If I sell it will be 80% of Beckett Hi either on this site or COMC. Thanks!
Luis Robert was atrocious in the 2nd half of the season.

Unfortunately, the time to sell was probably right when you pulled it. I would be pretty surprised if demand hasnt softened a little on his stuff.

I think there is still a lot of upside to him overall as a player.

In my opinion, Id hold onto the card and see how he does either in this postseason or overall next season.
jbissell Wrote:Luis Robert was atrocious in the 2nd half of the season.

Unfortunately, the time to sell was probably right when you pulled it. I would be pretty surprised if demand hasnt softened a little on his stuff.

I think there is still a lot of upside to him overall as a player.

In my opinion, Id hold onto the card and see how he does either in this postseason or overall next season.
Thanks.  Anybody else?
I kind of agree with jbissell. Unless he were to have a great playoffs he probably has peaked for this year. I think the potential is still there. Have to remember this was only a 60 game season and every player has hot streaks and slumps during a "normal" 162 game season. I wouldn't be surprised if you carved 60 game stretches in a normal season out of even a player like Trout the numbers may be just average.

Guess it depends on if you normally would collect cards like this or flip them for money for cards you do collect. If it were me I would put a price I would accept and try and sell it to invest in cards I do collect. I wouldn't just sell it at any price. If it doesn't sell then hang on to it. Age old question of when to sell cards of a young player who gets off to a hot start. You will win some and lose some.
mmahoney Wrote:I kind of agree with jbissell.  Unless he were to have a great playoffs he probably has peaked for this year.  I think the potential is still there.  Have to remember this was only a 60 game season and every player has hot streaks and slumps during a "normal" 162 game season.  I wouldn't be surprised if you carved 60 game stretches in a normal season out of even a player like Trout the numbers may be just average.

Guess it depends on if you normally would collect cards like this or flip them for money for cards you do collect.  If it were me I would put a price I would accept and try and sell it to invest in cards I do collect.  I wouldn't just sell it at any price.  If it doesn't sell then hang on to it. Age old question of when to sell cards of a young player who gets off to a hot start.  You will win some and lose some.
I do not plan on keeping it and it is too high to trade.  It would be nice to recover some of the cost to break 6 hobby boxes.
I would get that card SOLD SOLD SOLD asap. His prices are stupid. There is no reason for his cards to be so high. He is one of the 2 top rookies this year, but not clearly the top rookie. He is looking more like Joey Gallo more and more everyday. It's a $300 card on Ebay right now. And you could probably get more on Facebook. They are crazy over there especially the ChiSox fans who gobble everything up of his.
kerryandbeth Wrote:I do not plan on keeping it and it is too high to trade.  It would be nice to recover some of the cost to break 6 hobby boxes.
Then I would get it listed asap.
I'd give him a full year or two at minimum.

Look at all the Trout cards spiking in what, year 9?

That is an awesome card you pulled. Unless you really need the money, I would hang onto it.

Plus, let this scammer bubble pass on by so no one tries to screw you out of the card and the cash.
My 2 cents, sell right - now.  The first game Robert struck out 4 times, the next day I sold all of my autos of him.  Got a pretty penny during these times.  Same with Jo Adell, he struck out 4 times, although I did not make a killing his cards.  I have sold several hundred cards and the only one I got scammed on was a $5 card.  Thankfully I have had no problems on the big stuff.
I'd sell asap and move on unless you plan on collecting him. # to 99 auto isn't that special in the long haul unless graded and he has like a million auto rookie auto's that will be available when the next season turns and the 2021 RC's become the "new" hot item.

Like RJ said, Trout didn't sprout (LOL) for 9 years.
Pages: 1 2