Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2020 Panini Prizm set to release October 9th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like a hobby box will run about $120. But at 12 packs of 12 cards, that's less than a dollar per card. Each box should have 4 AU's and 48 total parallels, inserts, insert parallels. That's 92 base cards per box. This might be a base set that can be built if collation is pretty good. I'm kinda interested in a box. I haven't bought a box of cards in a long time now, but I might be in on 2020 Prizm. What do you guys think?

Link to sell-sheet: https://www.tcdb.com/ViewSet.cfm/sid/241...nini-Prizm
I have already pre-ordered 2 boxes myself. I have seen some preview pics and the Stained Glass inserts look really cool. Hopefully I can pull at least one. I always love the Prizm designs and parallels, so hopefully this year is no different. Of course, I usually try to purchase at least one box of each product within my price range anyway.
I almost pre-ordered a box from D&A on Monday night. But then I had to think harder. They also have boxes of 2020 Chronicles for $110 now. Still not sure what I want to do. Keep in mind that I also have a $50 gift certificate to go towards the cost.

I'm really curious why D&A has no Ultra Pro products for sale anymore! That has been the case for quite a long while now and part of why I haven't spent my GC's after well over a year now. All storage/supplies products are now ONLY the BCW brand. If D&A has dropped U-P for BCW, I'll be searching for a new supplier and that will seriously limit what I buy from D&A. I'm really getting tired of all the constant changes in the card-world for seemingly no reasons at all.
spazmatastic Wrote:I almost pre-ordered a box from D&A on Monday night. But then I had to think harder. They also have boxes of 2020 Chronicles for $110 now. Still not sure what I want to do. Keep in mind that I also have a $50 gift certificate to go towards the cost.

I'm really curious why D&A has no Ultra Pro products for sale anymore! That has been the case for quite a long while now and part of why I haven't spent my GC's after well over a year now. All storage/supplies products are now ONLY the BCW brand. If D&A has dropped U-P for BCW, I'll be searching for a new supplier and that will seriously limit what I buy from D&A. I'm really getting tired of all the constant changes in the card-world for seemingly no reasons at all.
Also, the prices of supplies has increaseddramatically over the past couple months. It is almost impossible to acquire any supplies anymore.
(10-06-2020, 10:48 AM)Cards4us19 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the prices of supplies has increased dramatically over the past couple months. It is almost impossible to acquire any supplies anymore.
I know. Luckily, I haven't needed any supplies. I could use some more pages, but I'm not out yet. I did stock up on some other supplies I needed early last year (thick sleeves, tallboy toploaders and bags). If you need some toploaders or sleeves, LMK. I have thousands of them sitting around here. I also have hinged cases of various sizes. I have way more of all those than I need for shipping purposes.
I try to purchase supplies in bulk when I order. I recently acquired a large box of pages, which is the main thing I am needing right now. I am like you in the fact that I have tons of toploaders and sleeves at the moment. Of course, it doesn't take long to go through them wiith the amount of items I keep ordering for my collection.
Oh, I forgot to update the thread with Panini bumping Prizm back. Oddly, they only bumped it back 5 days (instead of a week or more). It should release tomorrow (the 14th).
ANY ONE WHO GETS ANYTHING ZANE SMITH LET ME AND MY KIDS KNOW PLEASE!!!! THANK YOU
Will do, Mark. I still haven't ordered a box yet, but I do plan to soon.
So... over a month and a half later than this thread started, I bought 2 boxes of 2020 Prizm hobby boxes. Prices have skyrocketed on anything Prizm, at least anything that ISN'T NASCAR. Not sure why that is for EVERY year now! People have gone STUPID!!!

Anyway, D&A has the NASCAR boxes for $109.95 until they run out. They were on sale for $119.95 before the sale started at 6pm Thursday. I know that as fact b/c I had the D&A site loaded all day waiting on the sales. They must have a lot of boxes though b/c my 2 boxes only dropped the % from 100 to 97 at the time. That's still $30 off the original price. Look at the Prizm boxes for any other year or sport!!! It's literally insane!!!
Pages: 1 2