Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1987-88 Fleer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I was 10 I bought the 87-88 Fleer set for $11 with the sticker set.  The previous year with Jordan's rookie was too expensive at the time $35 ?‍♂️.
I immediately put each card into a 9 card holders and onto a binder.  They have never been moved and are in immaculate condition.  
Would it make sense to grade them as a set or by card?  I feel it's time to sell my collection. 
Any advice is appreciated.
Would be nice if you could post some pictures of the key cards. A lot of times, people over-estimate what they think their cards could grade. But if you'd post scans of the key cards, that'd give everyone an idea of what kind of condition you're dealing with. 

Then you can make the decision as to which way you want to grade, sell, whatever.
crazyforkinsler5 Wrote:Thank you.  I will do that today or tomorrow.   Thank you for the reply.

Would be nice if you could post some pictures of the key cards. A lot of times, people over-estimate what they think their cards could grade. But if you'd post scans of the key cards, that'd give everyone an idea of what kind of condition you're dealing with. 

Then you can make the decision as to which way you want to grade, sell, whatever.
larenatc Wrote:When I was 10 I bought the 87-88 Fleer set for $11 with the sticker set.  The previous year with Jordan's rookie was too expensive at the time $35 ?‍♂️.
I immediately put each card into a 9 card holders and onto a binder.  They have never been moved and are in immaculate condition.  
Would it make sense to grade them as a set or by card?  I feel it's time to sell my collection. 
Any advice is appreciated.
It really depends on the condition of the Jordan whether grading is worthwhile or not.

As a set, in raw condition, you can expect to get ~$500 for it (not bad for $11). A complete set with a PSA 9 Jordan recently went for $1200-$1300. I don't think you'd make money grading the whole thing unless one of the big cards (or most of the commons) grades a PSA 10, and, beyond Jordan, the set is really pretty thin.

If the Jordan grades well, you could sell it in PSA 7 ($200-$250) or PSA 8 ($350-$400) or PSA 9 ($900-1000) and sell the rest of the set for ~$300 missing the Jordan. If the Jordan is a PSA 6 or worse, you're better off selling it raw.

I would be very careful handling the Jordan. I wouldn't scan it, just take a pic with your phone to post (try to take the best pics you can if you want to post asking for help). If you think it might be gradable, treat it as such. Use gloves, put it into a soft sleeve and a semi-rigid. If you can, take it to a bulk grader and get some advice. Several shops around the country do this.
I am working on completing the set. It's been about two years so far. I have 104 of the cards.
I'm still trying to figure out why my pictures arent uploading or attaching.  I did add the jordan card as my avatar.  The cards are in perfect condition. Like I said before they were placed in the protectors immediately and never touched again. I have the next 4 years too.

Pictures hopefully coming soon.
Thank you for the replies.
Try imgbb.com ... free account, and if you use the "BBCode medium linked" option for your URL the images come out this size:

[Image: ZionNew.jpg]

I've really enjoyed using them the last few months (and no, I don't work for them, LOL)
rjcj2017 Wrote:I unfortunately still get the broken picture icon when I try.  Going to see if support can help me.

[img][Image: MJ.jpg][/img]

Try imgbb.com ... free account, and if you use the "BBCode medium linked" option for your URL the images come out this size:

[Image: ZionNew.jpg]

I've really enjoyed using them the last few months (and no, I don't work for them, LOL)
Just kidding
Lol
This is a good representation of all the stickers/cards (alignment, corners, etc) for this set.
Pages: 1 2