Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Got some more Prestige today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Stopped by Target taking a chance.  The only Prestige was 12 value packs.  They might of had MegaBoxes, blasters and hangers.  If so they were long gone.  Being a set builder value packs is what I wanted, so it worked out good.  Got greedy and took them all hoping they will knock out most of the rookies I need for my set.  Unfortunately going to end up with a lot of extra base veterans.  

They also had several megaboxes of both Optic and Prizm baseball and a couple of Prizm blasters.  Don't really care about baseball, but grabbed 1 Prizm megabox to see if I can get a couple of decent cards.  Whatever I get from that will be put in the ORG for trade.  Might open it tonight.  Saving the Prestige for tomorrow night.  I do know how to party lol.
dogger99 Wrote:Stopped by Target taking a chance.  The only Prestige was 12 value packs.  They might of had MegaBoxes, blasters and hangers.  If so they were long gone.  Being a set builder value packs is what I wanted, so it worked out good.  Got greedy and took them all hoping they will knock out most of the rookies I need for my set.  Unfortunately going to end up with a lot of extra base veterans.  

They also had several megaboxes of both Optic and Prizm baseball and a couple of Prizm blasters.  Don't really care about baseball, but grabbed 1 Prizm megabox to see if I can get a couple of decent cards.  Whatever I get from that will be put in the ORG for trade.  Might open it tonight.  Saving the Prestige for tomorrow night.  I do know how to party lol.
Sweet! If you get any decent Okudahs in Prestige please add them to the auto pile that I currently have nothing to trade for, LOL
rjcj2017 Wrote:Sweet! If you get any decent Okudahs in Prestige please add them to the auto pile that I currently have nothing to trade for, LOL
Will do.  Ended up getting a Ryan McBroom auto in the Prizm baseball megabox along with a Trout Instant Impact Carolina Blue and an Acuna Star Gazing Gold 9/10.  Guess it was ok.
Down to only needing 6 base veterans. Though it would have been nice if 6 of the 24 quadruples were the ones I needed.

For Rookies, I still need 38. Again have triples of 12 and quadruples of 2. Could have 1/3 of my needs taken card of if the Xtra Points Green were regular RC's.

Over 2 purchases, 723 cards total --- 1 Joe Burrow, 0 Tua's

Did get another Heroes Mahomes.

Think that will be it for buying anymore. Will just be accumulating more extras. Will just trade for/buy the rest.

RJ, have a Okudah base and Xtra Points Green that I put in your pile.
Odds are slim I have something you need but I did pick up a couple packs a week or so ago. It's all in my org, check if you could use any of them.
jplarson Wrote:Odds are slim I have something you need but I did pick up a couple packs a week or so ago.  It's all in my org, check if you could use any of them.
Already checked those (in the trade).  Found a few minor ones.  Need to find something to offset the Burrow.
Ah, keep in mind the Burrow is the "Draft Picks" version from Chronicles, not the straight up NFL Prestige version.
jplarson Wrote:Ah, keep in mind the Burrow is the "Draft Picks" version from Chronicles, not the straight up NFL Prestige version.
??
Had to get a couple of items (most importantly some beer) so stopped at Target. Didn't think there would be anything left and hoping there wouldn't be so I wouldn't be tempted to try a megabox of Optic baseball. Sure enough wiped clean other than loose packs in gravity feeds. There was a lone Prestige hanger (on shelf not hanger) all by it lonesome. Felt sorry for it and bought it.

Turned out that I needed all 5 rookies (still no Tua) and got 4 of the 6 base veterans I needed. And it did have a jersey card.
Gridiron Heritage Jerseys Xtra Points Blue Dan Marino. Definitely right decision to buy.
dogger99 Wrote:??

Really lazy design work by Panini.  Change the top border, resize the logo, and call it good.  The backs aren't much better.  This is what I was asking about in this thread - https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-16...pid2712272.  Side by side you can tell them apart if you know what to look for.  But if you are going through random shoe boxes or a couple years down the road, eh.
Pages: 1 2