Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Funny Pull out of $5 Mixer ... You Gotta Read This
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've posted several threads about how much I enjoy these $5 football mixers from Walgreens and Rite-Aid and what not.

The latest versions have 50 cards (down from 75) but better odds at 1:2 (1:4 previously) on pulling a "hit" ... and I use that term loosely.

(The other nice thing, the "hits" are now placed in penny sleeves.)

Well, today I busted one and pulled a 2011 Certified auto RC/299 of former Browns RB Armond Hill.

Beautiful, full signature and very nice looking card, but I didn't remember who he was so I Googled him.

10 career carries, 7 yards ... 0.7 yards per rush.

His longest run was 6 yards, meaning his 9 other runs produced ... 1 yard.

Total.

How is that even possible?

But here's the best part ... after his stint with Cleveland, he signed with the Panthers, and his most noteworthy accomplishment was getting kicked out of a preseason game for kicking another player in the groin.

Somehow, someway, this has instantly become one of my favorite cards in my collection.

Wiki officially lists him as a free agent, but at 34 years old and not having played since 2014, I'm guessing his best days are behind him.

I always pull something out of these that makes my day.
You know, I think I might have a Contenders autograph of his

My favorite NFL Statistic might well be Logan Thomas's 2014 passing statistics (a good example for how misleading average per attempt and passing rating could be - especially since if I remember correctly, the one completed pass was a screen pass):

Year Team Games Passing Receiving
GP GS Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD INT Rtg
2014 ARI 2 0 1 9 11.1 81 9.0 1 0 101.6
ZSDOne Wrote:You know, I think I might have a Contenders autograph of his

My favorite NFL Statistic might well be Logan Thomas's 2014 passing statistics (a good example for how misleading average per attempt and passing rating could be - especially since if I remember correctly, the one completed pass was a screen pass):

Year Team Games Passing Receiving
GP GS Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD INT Rtg
2014 ARI 2 0 1 9 11.1 81 9.0 1 0 101.6
Indeed! Logan became a TE and was a good player for the Lions last year but I believed signed elsewhere as a free agent.

I kept a 2014 Rookies & Stars jersey card I had of him out of my summer 2018 collection purge for some reason.
Lol, awesome card!
rjcj2017 Wrote:Indeed! Logan became a TE and was a good player for the Lions last year but I believed signed elsewhere as a free agent.

I kept a 2014 Rookies & Stars jersey card I had of him out of my summer 2018 collection purge for some reason.
Think Logan Thomas is now with WFT

And opening one of my boxes I confirmed that I do indeed have a 2011 Contenders Autograph of this guy.  Which I believe came from a hobby box.  So $5 was definitely a better deal.
savagenate Wrote:Lol, awesome card!
You can't beat it ... the kick in the groin and 9 carries for 1 yard.

I'm honestly curious if I could get 1 yard on 9 carries in an NFL game.

Technically if I just made it back to the line of scrimmage and fell down that should be a yard, because a yard is only 3 feet.
rjcj2017 Wrote:You can't beat it ... the kick in the groin and 9 carries for 1 yard.

I'm honestly curious if I could get 1 yard on 9 carries in an NFL game.

Technically if I just made it back to the line of scrimmage and fell down that should be a yard, because a yard is only 3 feet.
But you might get dropped for losses on the other 8 and end up with -39 yards. lol
dogger99 Wrote:But you might get dropped for losses on the other 8 and end up with -39 yards. lol
True, and that's what's so funny about his stats ... they're like "rushing" stats for pocket QBs that get sacked all the time.
rjcj2017 Wrote:True, and that's what's so funny about his stats ... they're like "rushing" stats for pocket QBs that get sacked all the time.
While it is still possible that Adrian Killings plays in more games, in his debut for the Eagles he had 1 carry for Minus 12 Yards and one pass caught for 2 yards - Total Stats, 1 Rush, 1 Reception, Total Yards Minus 10
ZSDOne Wrote:While it is still possible that Adrian Killings plays in more games, in his debut for the Eagles he had 1 carry for Minus 12 Yards and one pass caught for 2 yards - Total Stats, 1 Rush, 1 Reception, Total Yards Minus 10
So nobody would accuse him of "Killings" It?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Pages: 1 2