Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: noob to beckett grading got a couple questions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
first of all thanks in advance.
wondering if there where any membership packages to subscribe to get cheaper bulk prices?

What does gaming and non gaming mean? 

What does non guaranteed mean?

sorry if im coming off noobish just want to know exactly what im doing before i decide to grade my cards.

thanks again
I don't know if there's bulk prices right now with as backlogged as they are. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And I think you'd need to be submitting anywhere from 100-1,000 cards at a time (again if I'm wrong, someone fact check me). This is based off the last time I inquired in 2011 or so. My information is dated.

Gaming means like Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh type trading card games. Non-gaming would be sports and any other trading card like the ones inspired by movies or Garbage Pail Kid type collectible cards.

Non-guaranteed means they'll aim for the number of days quoted, but you won't get any sort of concessions from them if they don't hit that date (they won't hit that date, trust me).

Don't apologize, we all were first time customers before. Good luck on your submissions.
y2hood Wrote:"Non-guaranteed means they'll aim for the number of days quoted, but you won't get any sort of concessions from them if they don't hit that date (they won't hit that date, trust me)."

So is the only difference between the 30-day guaranteed and the non-guaranteed that the non-guaranteed will be more like 30-60 days or are we talking even longer? Or any other difference I'm missing?

Thanks for your initial post!
I think the current reality is 30 day service is 20 weeks from the last post they made in the grading tab. It's, discouraging. I don't have any solutions, and there's a lot of anger from collectors and business owners in the trading card world. Finger pointing and blame among the community won't solve anything and I see a lot of it, not particularly on this forum, but elsewhere.

I just approach it as submit at the total I can afford. For me, I am probably a broken record to the vets, it's a hobby only. I do sell and gift excess stuff that I come across in bulk orders, but I'm not using grading to meet a bottom line. While I do have a bit of impatience and frustration with the frequent changes they've been making, even before covid, they're the company that I have a #1 and #2 registry with for my two favorite athletes and at least for those two athletes, I'm not going to change horses mid race.