Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Found some Prestige
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Target had Prestige today.  Tuesday, there were a couple of blasters of Absolute Baseball left (of whatever was there to begin with).  Don't like Baseball  enough to pay $21.64 for 19 cards and and auto of someone I have never heard of.

Anyways, they had all four options.  I grabbed 1 megabox, 3 hangers and 5 value packs.  Usually put this set together if though it is a pain with the RC's (even without the SPs).  Think I might open the megabox tonight and the rest tomorrow night with a Mike's Lemonade.

Gotta start reading the boxes (pack counts).  It's called megabox leading me to think more than 4 packs.  For set building purposes could've spent this money on 8 more value packs and gotten 240 cards instead of 40.  Oh well,  live and learn.

Megabox autographs: of course neither are numbered
Tony Pollard Xtra Points Signatures
Jeff Okudah Draft Day Signatures (need to find something for me RJ lol)

From the 5 Value packs got 1 game used: Lamar Jackson League Leaders Jerseys Xtra Points Blue
From the 3 Hangers got 1 game used and 1 auto: Adam Thielen Stars of the NFL Jerseys Xtra Points Blue, Sony Michel Xtra Points Signatures Green

The Value Packs had 2 Xtra Points Green, all Rookies.
The Hangers had 3 Xtra Points Green, all Veterans.
Be interesting to see if that is confirmed by others.

Megabox had 3 #d inserts.
Each Hanger had 2 #d inserts.  So could have had 8 #d inserts for the price of a Megabox.
No #d inserts in the value packs.

If you are set building, here are some breakdowns:
MegaBox: $40, 12 RC
Hangers: $10, 5 RC (or for the price of a megabox you can get 4 Hangers = 20 RC)
Value Packs: $5, 4 RC (or for the price of a megabox you can get 8 VP = 32 RC)
Are the rookies in pro uniforms by any chance?

And yes, I would be interested in the Okudah, LOL
As I understand Prestige this year has college uniforms for the rookies due to not having the RPS.

If the Draft Day Signatures on card this year? Apparently the NFL Passport autos are sticker autos which definitely limits their appeal some

If Prestige has a similar mix of rookie and vet autos as last year, that should be a good box - since both Draft Day and Vet autos were fairly rare - although I suspect that this year's Prestige will be more like 2018 which seemed like a sticker dump.
rjcj2017 Wrote:Are the rookies in pro uniforms by any chance?

And yes, I would be interested in the Okudah, LOL
No, the rookies are in thier college uniforms.  I will leave the Okudah sitting out, won't even put it in one of my autographs boxes.  See if you can stumble on a Quartney Davis or Kendrick Rogers in something you open.
ZSDOne Wrote:As I understand Prestige this year has college uniforms for the rookies due to not having the RPS.

If the Draft Day Signatures on card this year?  Apparently the NFL Passport autos are sticker autos which definitely limits their appeal some

If Prestige has a similar mix of rookie and vet autos as last year, that should be a good box - since both Draft Day and Vet autos were fairly rare - although I suspect that this year's Prestige will be more like 2018 which seemed like a sticker dump.
Draft Day Okudah is sticker.

I have bought a megabox each of the past 3 years (including this year).
2018: 2 Veteran signatures, Nick Kwiatkowski and Packer defensive player (forgot who it was, just tossed it in with a trade to a Packer collector).  Both stickers
2019: 2 Rookies, Caleb Wilson Xtra Points (sticker), Drew Lock Passport (on card)
2020: 1 rookie, 1 veteran, both stickers
Not having the on-card autos might definitely lower the appeal some - although it seems that the Mega Boxes are being bought up by people thinking that they will be like the 2019 boxes and they can open them and get good pulls or flip them for a profit.