Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Best $20 I've Spent On Football Cards in Years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Friends,

So a couple of weeks back I bought a lone gravity feed pack of 2020 Score and pulled the black parallel of the Joe Burrow Ohio State RC.

These black parallels come two per pack.

So I went back to Target over the weekend to see if they had any more packs left.

They did - 9 to be exact. And I had exactly $20 to spend.

9 packs, $1.99 apiece, after tax - $19.30

I'm guessing this must have been a "hot gravity feed box" (LOL) or whatever, because every single black parallel in all 10 total packs were rookie cards.

In the last 9 packs I pulled the black parallels of:

- Joe Burrow LSU RC
- Chase Young RC
- Isaiah Simmons RC
- Jerry Jeudy RC
- Henry Ruggs RC (for Raiders PC)

And, in the last pack, to top it off:

- Michael Pittman black parallel RC, for my USC PC.

Now, interestingly, two of the packs also had a third black parallel of a veteran.

One was Marcus Davenport.

The other ... Patrick Mahomes!

Can't remember the last time I got this much bang for the buck.

Pretty sure I'm done with Score for the year, LOL
Nice. You made your money back on the Burrow. The rest of the blacks, rc's and other inserts is just a lot of good gravy.
dogger99 Wrote:Nice.  You made your money back on the Burrow.  The rest of the blacks, rc's and other inserts is just a lot of good gravy.
Yeah, for 9 packs it was about as good as you can do without hitting a crazy auto or something.
Congrats!
savagenate Wrote:Congrats!
Thank you, it was a nice boost after flaming out so bad on stupid Topps Series 2 baseball.
Just noticed a guy on eBay is asking $175 for the same Mahomes black parallel I pulled, LOL
rjcj2017 Wrote:Just noticed a guy on eBay is asking $175 for the same Mahomes black parallel I pulled, LOL
It's nice to want things Tongue .  Having said that, the black parallels are the sharpest ones they have.
jplarson Wrote:It's nice to want things Tongue .  Having said that, the black parallels are the sharpest ones they have.
There was a completed sale for $38, so I guess the range on that card is $38-175, LOL
rjcj2017 Wrote:There was a completed sale for $38, so I guess the range on that card is $38-175, LOL
Someone already completed a retail parallel set?!?!  Then was only looking for $38?
jplarson Wrote:Someone already completed a retail parallel set?!?!  Then was only looking for $38?
No, just the Mahomes by itself. That was the final sale price.

The only other Mahomes black parallel I saw had a Buy It Now of $175 for it, the auction is still current.
Pages: 1 2