Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Beat the Sharks to Some 2020 Chronicles Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Friends,

I randomly walked into Target this morning and it was packed with new stuff!

I think one reason the sharks haven’t cleared this place out as often as others is because it is completely random when it gets stocked.

I have now seen new stuff on a Tuesday morning, Wednesday night, Thursday morning and Friday afternoon over the last few months.

Meaning, the sharks can’t stake it out as easily because they don’t know when the card distributor is coming.

So I grabbed one jumbo of 2020 Chronicles Draft as well as a Mega Box.

I was pretty pleased.

Jumbo:

D’Andre Swift Chronicles RC (Lions PC)
Chase Young Chronicles RC
Tua Spectra Blue Prizm RC

Mega:

Joe Burrow Optic Rated Rookie Blue Prizm (I am becoming the king of Burrow retail parallels)
Tua Optic Rated Rookie
Quintez Cephus Crown Royale RC (Lions PC)
Benny LeMay Elite Auto/99 - UDFA RB signed by Browns
Also pulled 4-5 Herbert cards, as well as 2-3 other Burrows and Tuas

I think I am done with this product.
I am hoping for that luck today. Need to get my mom some cereal and strawberries, so going to hit Target instead of WalMart (don't carry cards anymore around here).

On a Chronicles note, I won Quartney Davis in a Sunday night case break. Didn't get him or Kendrick in a 2 case break. Know for sure I got 2 cards, maybe 4 (he glossed over some in the second half of the break). As far as Tua and Burrows, there were multiple packs with 2 Tua's or 2 Burrows. There were probably between 20-30 of each in the case. However, the best hit was a gold /10 Burrows insert. He never mentioned any of the others as numbered. Would hate to have dished out $500 and just get base and an insert. Thing is there seem to be about 15 or so different brands in Chronicles with Tua and Burrows in them all. And the individual sets are small. So there are going to be a lot of the top stars in this product.
dogger99 Wrote:I am hoping for that luck today.  Need to get my mom some cereal and strawberries, so going to hit Target instead of WalMart (don't carry cards anymore around here).

On a Chronicles note, I won Quartney Davis in a Sunday night case break.  Didn't get him or Kendrick in a 2 case break.  Know for sure I got 2 cards, maybe 4 (he glossed over some in the second half of the break).  As far as Tua and Burrows, there were multiple packs with 2 Tua's or 2 Burrows.  There were probably between 20-30 of each in the case.  However, the best hit was a gold /10 Burrows insert.  He never mentioned any of the others as numbered.  Would hate to have dished out $500 and just get base and an insert.  Thing is there seem to be about 15 or so different brands in Chronicles with Tua and Burrows in them all.  And the individual sets are small.  So there are going to be a lot of the top stars in this product.
Yeah, it's weird, I didn't get any Swift or Chase Young cards in the mega box but got one each in a 15-card jumbo, LOL.

I kind of wish the Mega Boxes were collated a little better ...would rather have one good Swift, one good Young and two Herberts rather than four Herberts and five Tuas or whatever I got.

You're right about Walmart ... both of them in my area have completely mailed it in on sports cards, they now just carry Magic and Pokemon.

Must have gotten tired of dealing with all the loser sharks loitering in the card aisles waiting for the distributors.

I was pretty stoked about the Crown Royale Cephus base card after taking a look at the checklist ... this is his only rookie card so far.

He has autos in Leaf Draft, Contenders Draft and then Donruss and Crown Royale in the Chronicles set, but as far as I can tell this is his only true RC.

Plus, the Crown Royale subset is the biggest one in the Chronicles line at 100 cards, so to pull one out of one mega box is not easy.

Also, I'm a little bit confused about your post ... did you get the two A&M guys or not?
I might pick some up if I see it in retail to get more of the base cards (its a fun set with all of the different styles) - but really, its a bit of a surprise that the sharks are buying this one all up - unlike in 2019 Chronicles hobby, the base cards are not at all rare (in 2019 Chronicles hobby, each individual base card was about 1 per case - and there was no retail version) and I haven't seen any evidence of retail yielding good autographs
ZSDOne Wrote:I might pick some up if I see it in retail to get more of the base cards (its a fun set with all of the different styles) - but really, its a bit of a surprise that the sharks are buying this one all up - unlike in 2019 Chronicles hobby, the base cards are not at all rare (in 2019 Chronicles hobby, each individual base card was about 1 per case - and there was no retail version) and I haven't seen any evidence of retail yielding good autographs
I mean, they clear out everything ... Topps Series 1 & 2 baseball, Score football, stuff that literally sits on the shelves for months. It's lunacy ... these cards are barely worth the price at $20, much less two or three times the markup.

Last year I was able to find 8 blasters of 2019 Score on a December outing to Target to find David Blough's RC, but 2020 is way different.

I also busted a crappy box of Series 2 Topps baseball this morning and literally got nothing, but at least it was nice to find the product.

Chronicles is a fun rip but you're right about the autos, no reason to go nuts on retail.

The Burrow blue prizm Rated Rookie is going for the price of about one Mega Box on the bay right now so I'll call it even and move on.
The sharks are probably all gearing up for 2020 Prestige - although I seriously doubt that Panini is going to make 2020 Prestige nearly as good as 2019 Prestige was. Of course, 2019 Prestige Mega Boxes were the first product I ever saw where retail was going for higher than list on the secondary market - although it wasn't that much of an increase.

And I still found some on the shelves months after its release (got a Kyler Murray on card auto from one of those boxes too)
ZSDOne Wrote:The sharks are probably all gearing up for 2020 Prestige - although I seriously doubt that Panini is going to make 2020 Prestige nearly as good as 2019 Prestige was.  Of course, 2019 Prestige Mega Boxes were the first product I ever saw where retail was going for higher than list on the secondary market - although it wasn't that much of an increase.

And I still found some on the shelves months after its release (got a Kyler Murray on card auto from one of those boxes too)
I never tried one but heard good things about them.

I may cool it on retail for a bit until I see some of those.

Although, I'm assuming the rookies won't be in NFL uniforms, unless they airbrush or photoshop them or something.

If so I may just pass on Prestige, especially with my success today with Chronicles.

There's only so much college uni stuff that one needs, LOL
rjcj2017 Wrote:Also, I'm a little bit confused about your post ... did you get the two A&M guys or not?
For the 1 case break, I only had Quartney Davis. Got 1 base, 1 parallel /20 and maybe 1 or 2 other base.  He was only in 6 of the product sets.  Whereas Burrow is in 14.
dogger99 Wrote:For the 1 case break, I only had Quartney Davis. Got 1 base, 1 parallel /20 and maybe 1 or 2 other base.  He was only in 6 of the product sets.  Whereas Burrow is in 14.
Ah, got it.

Yeah, Jeff Okudah (Lions #3 overall pick) is basically in like one set, Crown Royale.

Weird.
RJ, how many "Crown Royale" or actual Chronicles subset cards did you pull? I'm half tempted to try and complete those two sets.
Pages: 1 2 3