Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Beat the Sharks to Some 2020 Chronicles Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
rjcj2017 Wrote:Ah, got it.

Yeah, Jeff Okudah (Lions #3 overall pick) is basically in like one set, Crown Royale.

Weird.
Defensive players get no love.

Well, I guess they get more love than punters, kickers, and offensive linesmen
ZSDOne Wrote:Defensive players get no love.

Well, I guess they get more love than punters, kickers, and offensive linesmen
I grabbed two more jumbos last night and pulled a Playoff Swift, Playoff Burrow, Phoenix Red Prizm Chase Young and my favorite pull, a Crown Royale Blue Julian Okwara ... he was Detroit's third round pick, and like Cephus, this is his only base RC to date.

I didn't know he was in the set and was thrilled to pull it.

Not bad for $10 ... so far the jumbos are looking like the best value, at least for my Lions PC, LOL
Had to make a trip to the office today. On the way there, stopped at a Target close to work. Nothing there. On the way back home, stopped at the one I went to yesterday (which was cleaned out except for some Score which I am through buying). Today they had some blister packs (12 card pack plus 6 card pack of RW&B). There were probably 12 or so. I only grabbed 5 since I have no intention of building the set (there are 3 tiers to the set, to much hassle). No telling what else was there between the time I was there yesterday and today. But I am sure they brought in more than a dozen or so packs of Prizm.

Anyways RJ,

Got a #211 Aaron Civale Prizm Power Plaid /75 that I will set aside for you.
dogger99 Wrote:Had to make a trip to the office today.  On the way their, stopped at a Target close to work.  Nothing there.  On the way back home, stopped at the one I went to yesterday (which was cleaned out except for some Score which I am through buying).  Today they had some blister packs (12 card pack plus 6 card pack of RW&B).  There were probably 12 or so.  I only grabbed 5 since I have no intention of building the set (there are 3 tiers to the set, to much hassle).  No telling what else was there between the time I was there yesterday and today.  But I am sure they brought in more than a dozen or so packs of Prizm.

Anyways RC,

Got a #211 Aaron Civale Prizm Power Plaid /75 that I will set aside for you.
Thanks ... but I do not collect Aaron Civale, LOL

(I've pulled a couple of autos of him this year but just by accident)

You should see my god awful Topps Series 2 break in the baseball section.

I'm seriously considering calling it a year on baseball.
rjcj2017 Wrote:Thanks ... but I do not collect Aaron Civale, LOL

(I've pulled a couple of autos of him this year but just by accident)

You should see my god awful Topps Series 2 break in the baseball section.

I'm seriously considering calling it a year on baseball.
My bad.  Saw you list his name on Big Baseball thread.  For some reason, I was thinking you collect him.  Oh well, will stick him in the ORG. lol
dogger99 Wrote:My bad.  Saw you list his name on Big Baseball thread.  For some reason, I was thinking you collect him.  Oh well, will stick him in the ORG. lol
I mean, I should collect him, I've got a good start on a PC, LOL

The Donruss auto of his that I pulled out of a Mega Box has a nearly complete hair stuck under the sticker ... I'm just hoping it was from the waist up of whoever put the sticker on the card, LOL
Looks like the retail sharks have moved on from Score - the Target near my office has about a dozen blasters - if any Chronicles or Prestige showed up it was long gone.

And while I didn't get any Score, I did get the last OPC Platinum blaster - Crosby Retro, McDavid Rainbow (matches the McDavid OPC Platinum Rainbow Marquee Rookie I got out of one of those mixed hockey boxes they used to have at Target a couple of years ago), Pasterneck Sunset (very pretty card), a Calder Front Runner (1:17 packs), and a Red Rookie parallel /199 - I think that was much better than Score football would have been.
OPC Platinum is a very nice product. They briefly had about four blasters at my local Target but were gone within the day.

You're right - Score is cold.

Although, I got two more loose packs and pulled two black parallel RCs in each pack, so I'm thinking all the black parallels are rookies? 

There were 5-6 packs left as of this morning, I might go see if they're still there.

Didn't pull any Swift or Pittman cards out of Score yet so it'd be cool to pull the black parallels.
There are Black parallels for the whole set. Surprised that you would get 2 per pack in a 12 card pack. Whereas you get 3 Reds in the 40 card jumbo pack. Which would lead you to believe that the Blacks are more prevalent (right context?) than the Red, yet BV's are the same.
dogger99 Wrote:There are Black parallels for the whole set.  Surprised that you would get 2 per pack in a 12 card pack.  Whereas you  get 3 Reds in the 40 card jumbo pack.  Which would lead you to believe that the Blacks are more prevalent (right context?) than the Red, yet BV's are the same.
Yeah, I have a total of 3 packs and have 6 black parallel rookies ... maybe it's a hot hanger or something, LOL
Pages: 1 2 3