Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: If You Only Buy One Pack, Make it Count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Friends,

So I stopped in to Target the other day for camping supplies ... had enough extra cash on me for one pack of 2020 Score out of the gravity feeder.

I'd say I got my $2 worth ...

[Image: JoeBlack.jpg]

Joe Burrow black parallel!
Nicely done, RJ!  Maybe the Burrow will dig you out the retail hole.
Nicely done!
kerryandbeth Wrote:Nicely done, RJ!  Maybe the Burrow will dig you out the retail hole.
The funny thing is, for the limited retail I've been able to find since March, I'm doing great as always.

I got some nice color prizms out of Draft Football (Burrow purple, Tua orange, Chase Young silver), both Dominguez cards (paper and Chrome) out of Bowman baseball, and the Burrow purple and black parallels out of Score football.

I even pulled an Acuna RC out of some random 2018 Archives baseball blasters and some Spencer Torkelson Tigers PC stuff out of Stars & Stripes baseball, plus the pink fireworks cards of Franco, Witt Jr. and Torkelson out of 2020 Donruss, as well as my recent three autos in three blasters of 2020 Big League baseball.

The difference now is that there are entire products that either the Targets and Walmarts in my area are lagging way behind on (which I doubt) - like Optic and Mosaic basketball and some of the mega box stuff like Bowman baseball and Chronicles Draft Football - or the sharks are waiting for it the moment it gets there.

In that case, I can't compete. That's the part that bugs me (in case I haven't mentioned it, LOL).

But yeah, pretty stoked about the Burrow based on the minimum investment.

The good thing is, I think a lot of us are in the same boat as far as the quarantine and have gotten back into trading.

The Kawhi Leonard auto is a great example of this ... same with the 86 Fleer Update Bonds I picked up ... cards that I've had my eye on for a long time that I finally landed.

I have a couple of bigger ones coming in at the end of this week or early next week, stay tuned - fingers crossed.
jplarson Wrote:Nicely done!
Thank you my good man ... was very pleasantly surprised.

The gravity feeder box said to look out for exclusive black parallels, so I don't know if they are just for those packs ... my two in the pack were Burrow and Mitchell Wilcox, TE from South Florida.

I also pulled a Donovan People-Jones base RC for my Michigan PC so it was a pretty exceptional pack.
Blasters - gold
Hangers - purple
Value Packs - red
Gravity Feed - black

Have you got your Score loaded up in the ORG. Have 2 trades in Progress for Score, but not getting much help at all with the base/rc.
dogger99 Wrote:Blasters - gold
Hangers - purple
Value Packs - red
Gravity Feed - black

Have you got your Score loaded up in the ORG.  Have 2 trades in Progress for Score, but not getting much help at all with the base/rc.
PM sent, thanks!
Hopefully its not too dinged up from pack searchers looking for that $1 left over RPS junk memorabilia card
ZSDOne Wrote:Hopefully its not too dinged up from pack searchers looking for that $1 left over RPS junk memorabilia card
Nah, it's a little chippy on the corners, but so was the purple that I pulled out of a sealed hanger ... Panini struggles mightily with chipping on colored borders.

Still an astronomical pull for one pack.
rjcj2017 Wrote:Nah, it's a little chippy on the corners, but so was the purple that I pulled out of a sealed hanger ... Panini struggles mightily with chipping on colored borders.

Still an astronomical pull for one pack.
Definitely.

While printing technology has gotten better, cards still are inheriently fragile and prone to damage during shipping
Pages: 1 2