Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2020 Topps series 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I assume that by now this product is out.  I haven't bought any baseball cards in quite a while.  Mostly because I don't have the money for a hobby or jumbo box.  But when I go looking for a couple of blasters of Bowman or series 2 they are nowhere to be found.  Either i'm late or these stores aren't carrying these blasters any more.  If I want Yu gi oh or Pokemon or Star Wars I can find all I want.  Just no baseball. One store I went to must have had 20 blasters of Score Football.
I don't think they're out yet, but who knows these days.

You will be able to pick up a blaster for $59.99 on eBay very soon, though - guaranteed!
Series 2 Topps has a really weak checklist other than Luis Robert. Fortunately, I enjoy hunting for SP and SSP cards, so there's plenty of those.

I also suspect Series 2 will be rather inexpensive.
I haven't bought anything new in a while so I was just trying to scratch that itch and get something to open
jbissell Wrote:Series 2 Topps has a really weak checklist other than Luis Robert. Fortunately, I enjoy hunting for SP and SSP cards, so there's plenty of those.

I also suspect Series 2 will be rather inexpensive.
It's also the same photo as his Opening Day SP RC, which I traded for at the beginning of the quarantine.

I'm pretty sure I'm passing on this product, I may pick up a single of Mookie Betts in his new duds.
There are a couple LCS near me that have series 2 in stock - I think they came in this morning.
Blasters and hangers are out at Target if you get there before all the other hoarders. Walmart could be a while. Their website was saying late July for them to ship.
Thankfully I still have one card shop left near me that has them in stock. I'm an extremely basic card collector so I don't fully understand the difference between hobby packs, blasters, etc but they seem to carry all of them. They got them in this past Friday.
As much as I despise the retail sharks, I'm actually hoping they continue to do this on every product that comes out, so that they take a bath on so much unwanted stuff that they eventually crawl back under the rock they came from.

Topps Series 2 is the perfect product for this ... the checklist sucks and there are no hits in the blasters (unless you count the extremely rare medallion auto parallels).

I hope they clear it all out and it sits in their garage forever.

So yeah, a few rubes here and there will still pay the 100 percent markup, but by and large they will be sitting on this.

Eventually even they will be smart enough to realize that retail is largely a losing proposition and the tide will start going back to real collectors who have jobs and souls.
Does anyone have any idea when pricing might be released for this series? I grabbed a Jumbo Box on day 1 from my dealer shop and came within 8 cards of completing the set and also pulled a Mattingly '85 Autograph Red....so I did well on the jumbo. Would just like to see some pricing, especially on the Mattingly.
Pages: 1 2