Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Actual 2020 Score Retail Break - For Real This Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ZSDOne Wrote:About the only way to get new product now is have a nearby LCS that will sell at a relatively reasonable price or pay through the nose for buying hobby boxes by mail

The Chronicles Draft Picks Football Target exclusive sounds very interesting - but my guess is that I will never ever see it on store shelves. 

And they usually come up with one decent retail exclusive product (in 2018, it was Rookies and Stars - in 2019 it was Prestige) - but if they do this year, you'll have to pay hobby box prices to get it.
LOL, I haven't even seen any SAGE blasters, I sure as hell am not counting on seeing any licensed stuff.
rjcj2017 Wrote:LOL, I haven't even seen any SAGE blasters, I sure as hell am not counting on seeing any licensed stuff.
I have seen exactly one SAGE blaster - and it was high series - I naturally bought it since I like to collect autograph cards and you get 4 for $20 - the highlight was a Tommy Stevens autograph
ZSDOne Wrote:I have seen exactly one SAGE blaster - and it was high series - I naturally bought it since I like to collect autograph cards and you get 4 for $20 - the highlight was a Tommy Stevens autograph
I actually heard someone on the radio talking about that guy ... two teams were interested in him, so the Saints drafted him in the seventh round so that the other team could not sign him to a free agent deal.

You literally never know with quarterbacks, and he's got pretty good size and production relative to how much he played.
rjcj2017 Wrote:I actually heard someone on the radio talking about that guy ... two teams were interested in him, so the Saints drafted him in the seventh round so that the other team could not sign him to a free agent deal.

You literally never know with quarterbacks, and he's got pretty good size and production relative to how much he played.
Apparently Carolina wanted to sign him - so New Orleans who was also interested preemptively drafted him

But since Sage got both Burrows and Tua this year, its going to be way harder to find them (even though I think that the Burrows base autos - the ones most likely to come out of retail boxes were in the low series

Indeed, it seemed that even after the college licensed products came out that Sage hobby boxes were going for $140 - I consider Sage hobby boxes to be a good buy at $100 or less due to the volume of the autographs - but even then, unless you get the top player they got you probably lose - but the volume of autographs is high enough that you have a high floor and probably won't lose too much.

And even in retail with 4 autographs for $20, the floor is relatively high compared to most retail products.
Target had some more Score today. No value packs this time (got 15 last weekend). Their were 5 hangers which I grabbed. Probably a dozen or so blasters (didn't look touched), only took 1 of those since they aren't good for set building. Collation really sucks. Have 665 base cards and still need 97 for the set. Scenario: I have a run of cards up to #57 and another starting at #59. Do I get #58? Nope, I get #57 or 59. The Blaster is the last thing I opened, finally got the Tua RC in the next to last pack. Never got a single Kendrick Rogers (Aggie in the RC set). Was hoping for 2 (set, PC). Yet I end up with 9 friggin' Burrows cards.
Pages: 1 2 3