Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2020 RFFG - Race #13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This week's race is on Sunday 6/21 @ Talladega - 3pm on FOX. The cutoff time to make or change picks is Saturday 6/20 at 11pm EDT. Here are the current points standings:

1. pbo - 456
2. a9a - 451
3. kd80 - 447
4. wsc - 438
5. dun - 433
6. stel - 398
7. csc - 369
8. lead - 366
9. kev - 316
10. spaz - 312
11. c4us - 266
12. jas - 163

This race will be a total crapshoot as usual. So I'll just stick with Jimmie and hope for the best for the 48 team.
Chase Elliott
I am going to take a chance with Ryan Blaney. Good luck everyone. Talladega is always one of the hardest races to predict.
Also heard today that the NASCAR All-Star race will be held at Bristol on July 15 and admitting 30,000 fans.
Logano
Thanks!
Aric Almirola

And a lot of messes...
(06-15-2020, 06:20 PM)Cards4us19 Wrote: [ -> ]Also heard today that the NASCAR All-Star race will be held at Bristol on July 15 and admitting 30,000 fans.
Just so you know: We do count the All-Star Race in this game now. When NASCAR started the Stage Racing, I got the idea of how to include the AS Race into the game even though the drivers do not get points for it. We treat the entire race as if it was a single stage. The highest-finishing picked driver gets 10 points, 2nd highest finish gets 9 and so on. Since multiple people pick the same drivers, they all get the same points but eat up the positions. So, if 3 people pick the winner and 3 people pick the runner-up; the 3 "winners" each get 10 points but the 3 runner-ups get 7 points each. The 3rd place driver would get 4 points. With only half the normal field running the race, many of the same drivers get picked. Getting ZERO points is a possibility even if you make a pick b/c there are more than 10 people playing. But so far, the only people to get 0 points in the race was b/c they forgot to make a pick. Just wanted to give you a heads up on that so I don't have to type it in the All-Star thread for a mid-week race. That will certainly be an interesting race!!!
spazmatastic Wrote:Just so you know: We do count the All-Star Race in this game now. When NASCAR started the Stage Racing, I got the idea of how to include the AS Race into the game even though the drivers do not get points for it. We treat the entire race as if it was a single stage. The highest-finishing picked driver gets 10 points, 2nd highest finish gets 9 and so on. Since multiple people pick the same drivers, they all get the same points but eat up the positions. So, if 3 people pick the winner and 3 people pick the runner-up; the 3 "winners" each get 10 points but the 3 runner-ups get 7 points each. The 3rd place driver would get 4 points. With only half the normal field running the race, many of the same drivers get picked. Getting ZERO points is a possibility even if you make a pick b/c there are more than 10 people playing. But so far, the only people to get 0 points in the race was b/c they forgot to make a pick. Just wanted to give you a heads up on that so I don't have to type it in the All-Star thread for a mid-week race. That will certainly be an interesting race!!!
Thank you for the heads up. The fantasy game on NASCAR's website does not include the all-star race, so I would have probably forgotten to pick for that one. Sounds like a good way to add it to the game. I think it will be a one-of-a-kind race, being at Bristol during the week.
We might know who will cause the 1st wreck Sunday. IndyCar driver James Davison will be driving the #77 for Spire Motorsports. He has never driven a Cup car. Without any practice or qualifying, I wonder how he'll do at 'Dega!
That was short livid for Mr. Davison
Yeah, I don't know what happened there. Now McLeod is in the 77 and Smithley is in BJ's car. But I still wouldn't be surprised if the 77 is the first to wreck.
Pages: 1 2