Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Knowledge is power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think everyone is doing a good job of expressing beliefs and opinions without salting any wounds. The media should be the first to change and then it will allow others to change for the better for the right reasons at the pace right for them.
savagenate Wrote:I just don't believe that is the place to do it.
As athletes, where do you think they should voice their opinion? Should they not get a voice at all?  Huh
pudge27t Wrote:As athletes, where do you think they should voice their opinion? Should they not get a voice at all?  Huh
I had no idea that Twitter, Facebook and other media outlets were going away!!  Thank goodness they still have a voice at NFL games. Tongue
kerryandbeth Wrote:I had no idea that Twitter, Facebook and other media outlets were going away!!  Thank goodness they still have a voice at NFL games. Tongue
Ok. So you don't think that would leak over to the games? Interviews & such?  Huh

Since you stated the other media outlets would be utilized. Do you think the leagues/reporters wouldn't ask them about what they mentioned on a different platform? Since these outlet platforms (Games & Social Media) are considered to be two different non-relating entities.  Confused
Sorry, I am confused. Since when do they perform interviews during the National Anthem or during the game? I don't care what they say afterwards...just don't cause a scene while others are displaying respect!
I appreciate the civil discussion. My belief is that there are many avenues for players to positively affect change for the better, all of which will do MORE than (whether they realize it or not) protesting during the very show of patriotism that stands for everything these protestors want. If the NFL and media are going to cherry pick what subjects are ok talk about, then I feel its hypocritical, and the players need to use their own platforms. I have other ideas, but it won't make a difference for me to mention them here.

I'll let you all have the last word. Hopefully it was a thread to learn and see other opinions, without causing any hard feelings! The hobby should be a way to bring us all together!
Pages: 1 2 3