Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Question on 2013 Topps RC variations found in Rite-Aid/Walgreens mixers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Friends,

So I busted the latest version of those $5 Rite-Aid/Walgreens mixers … the box itself no longer has a partial see-through window, but the bonus pack is now 2020 Leaf Draft (instead of like 1990 Score).

Question … in this particular box there were a handful of 2013 Topps rookie cards of some of the big names from that draft (at the time) like Manti Teo, Geno Smith, Eddy Lacy, EJ Manuel and Tavon Austin.

However, they are photo variations of the regular base RCs and do not have the RC logo on them … they also have the same serial number in tiny print on the bottoms of the backs of the cards.

So they are not the standard variations with the different serial numbers on the back.

I’m wondering if these are like the “Excel variations” found in these specific Rite-Aid boxes from the 2008 Upper Deck football set that were an entirely different set altogether?

The only other thing I can think of is that they were released in some kind of factory set?

But that wouldn’t explain the lack of a rookie card logo.
For Geno Smith, there are the 3 versions: 126A RC (passing pose), 126B SP (running forward), 126C Factory Set (scrambling sideways).

Saw a picture of the Factory Set version on the net and it doesn't have the RC logo. Only a $0.15 jump in BV. Looks like they busted leftover factory sets to fill the boxes.
dogger99 Wrote:For Geno Smith, there are the 3 versions: 126A RC (passing pose), 126B SP (running forward), 126C Factory Set (scrambling sideways).

Saw a picture of the Factory Set version on the net and it doesn't have the RC logo.  Only a $0.15 jump in BV.  Looks like they busted leftover factory sets to fill the boxes.
That's what I was wondering, thanks! Weird that they didn't put the logo on a factory set card.
rjcj2017 Wrote:Thing is it was in the factory set box, but not part of the "factory" set.  You would still have the regular version "A" RC in the set.  Those Topps football and baseball sets that you would get at WalMart and Target would usually have something extra, i.e. patch card, commemorative coin/card.  Or in this case with the 2013 Topps football a pack of 5 rookie variations.

That's what I was wondering, thanks! Weird that they didn't put the logo on a factory set card.
Oh yeah, forgot about those. Even though the players never really panned out these are some fun cards for a $5 mixer.

I don't think I've ever been disappointed in one that I bought.

Now I'm wondering if there's a Matt Barkley for my Trojans PC.
rjcj2017 Wrote:No Barkley.  If you have the five that you mentioned above, then the only one you didn't get is Brian Banks.  Or maybe you did.  Just not a big name then.
Oh yeah, forgot about those. Even though the players never really panned out these are some fun cards for a $5 mixer.

I don't think I've ever been disappointed in one that I bought.

Now I'm wondering if there's a Matt Barkley for my Trojans PC.
Those were the only ones I got ... Brian Banks, is that the Falcons LB?
yes Wrote:rjcj2017
Those were the only ones I got ... Brian Banks, is that the Falcons LB?
Dammit, now I'll have to find one to complete the set!
So I have the following bonus variation factory set cards from 2013 Topps Football:

EJ Manuel
Geno Smith
Tavon Austin
Mantei Teo
Eddy Lacey

I have not seen a Brian Banks version anywhere, has anyone ever actually seen this card?
Pages: 1 2