Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Thrilled with Another $5 Mixer from Rite-Aid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked up Chinese food to go last night ... order wasn't ready when I got there so I went across the parking lot to Rite-Aid and picked up another one of those $5 mixers of 75 random football cards.

Back story real quick before I get to the break ... when I purged my collection a couple of summers ago, I got rid of 350,000 cards that included almost all non-PC autos, game used, RCs, base, etc.

So when my beloved Detroit Lions signed Jamie Collins and Desmond Trufant as free agents in the offseason, I pretty much knew I didn't have any of their cards, not even base.

(And pretty sure I purged two Trufant autos because he was a Falcon then.)

OK, now to the break - out of this 75-card mixer, I pulled both 2013 Topps rookie cards of Trufant and Collins!

These cards probably don't book for a dollar apiece but I was thrilled to add them to my Lions PC for such a small investment.

If you've never tried these mixers before I highly recommend them ... I've probably busted 20-30 of them over the years and I don't think I've ever had one that I was disappointed in.
Not bad for $5 and a little fun. Don't think we have Rite-Aids around here.

Got a Trufant 2013 Bowman Mini auto if interested. In college uni, with airbrushed helmet. And a Collins 2013 Topps Chrome Orange Refractor (combine gear). Others of both but in NFL gear.
Its been a while since I got any of those - they were often quite fun even if you don't get a "hit" - and since I didn't buy cards in the 1990s or 2000s, I usually would get something I needed for my Eagles collection
(05-21-2020, 07:03 PM)dogger99 Wrote: [ -> ]Not bad for $5 and a little fun. Don't think we have Rite-Aids around here.

Got a Trufant 2013 Bowman Mini auto if interested. In college uni, with airbrushed helmet. And a Collins 2013 Topps Chrome Orange Refractor (combine gear). Others of both but in NFL gear.
Sweet, thanks ... I might hit you up for the Trufant auto once I'm back in the office.
(05-22-2020, 08:18 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: [ -> ]Its been a while since I got any of those - they were often quite fun even if you don't get a "hit" - and since I didn't buy cards in the 1990s or 2000s, I usually would get something I needed for my Eagles collection
Agreed.

This latest box even included a pack of 2020 Leaf Draft ... I was surprised to see that.

My best pull was a Jacob Eason gold TD Kings card.

His dad Tony's sister used to be my mom's Jazzercise instructor back in the day so I was a big fan of the Patriots back then.

Tony sent me a signed Super Bowl program from the year they lost to the Bears, so I've always been a fan of the family.