Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: The Retail Sharks Can Bite Me - 2 Blasters 2020 Bowman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I've figured out it's completely random as to when my Target actually re-stocks boxes.

About an hour ago I was sitting in my garage/office and decided I needed a break, so I went to get gas.

The gas station is in the same shopping center as my local Target.

So I went in on the very off chance that they had any 2020 Bowman.

Turns out - they did. Six blasters and two loose packs.

So I grabbed my usual two blasters and busted them in the parking lot.

First blaster - not great, was saved by a Bobby Witt Jr. Chrome 1990 Throwback card.

Second blaster - first pack was basically all dupes of the first pack of the previous box, so I was potentially becoming irritated.

Second pack - Jasson Dominguez Bowman Chrome card!

I was stoked ... best card in the product (not counting parallels, refractors, autos, etc.)

Fifth (second to last) pack ... Jasson Dominguez paper card!

[Image: Jasson.jpg]

PC wise I pulled Tarik Skubal and Casey Mize of the Tigers, so obviously I was thrilled with the break.

Now, I thought about running back in and buying the last four blasters and two packs just because I could, so that the sharks couldn't have them ... but that would make me a hypocrite.

Theoretically a kid still has a shot at some of these until the sharks smell the blood in the water.

Anyway, I think I'm calling it good on Bowman.

My thanks to jbissell for alerting me that these cards even existed!
Those kids have to have a business to be able to afford them!

Glad you did well.
(05-21-2020, 06:22 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]Those kids have to have a business to be able to afford them!

Glad you did well.
Thank you!

I remember as a kid walking up to the liquor store in my neighborhood because they carried a few cards ... my 1992 Score Derek Jeter RC came from that store!

I saved it from the purge because it reminded me of all those walks up there and the anticipation of new packs.

Some things never change I guess.

I hope there's a 12-year-old me out there that can grab one of these blasters and hit something good.
Love to see pics of these RJ! Nice pulls man i hope to find some in the wild soon@!
(05-21-2020, 06:29 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!

I remember as a kid walking up to the liquor store in my neighborhood because they carried a few cards ... my 1992 Score Derek Jeter RC came from that store!

I saved it from the purge because it reminded me of all those walks up there and the anticipation of new packs.

Some things never change I guess.

I hope there's a 12-year-old me out there that can grab one of these blasters and hit something good.
When my pre-sell 2020 Bowman Sterling 6 boxes come in August, I will BE that 12-year old kid! Especially since I cannot buy anything during my unemployment fiasco.
Dang! You did very well. Im feeling the pressure now as Im about to hop in the car and go to my LCS to get some Bowman myself!
(05-21-2020, 07:48 PM)magneto2 Wrote: [ -> ]Love to see pics of these RJ! Nice pulls man i hope to find some in the wild soon@!
Scans added to post at top my friend.
(05-21-2020, 07:50 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]When my pre-sell 2020 Bowman Sterling 6 boxes come in August, I will BE that 12-year old kid! Especially since I cannot buy anything during my unemployment fiasco.
That's awesome, can't wait to see what you pulled!
(05-22-2020, 09:53 AM)jbissell Wrote: [ -> ]Dang! You did very well. Im feeling the pressure now as Im about to hop in the car and go to my LCS to get some Bowman myself!
Best of luck, let us know how you did!
Just got back from my LCS. "The Fed Ex Truck hadnt arrived yet".... LOL!

Great scans rjcj!
(05-22-2020, 12:43 PM)jbissell Wrote: [ -> ]Just got back from my LCS. "The Fed Ex Truck hadnt arrived yet".... LOL!

Great scans rjcj!
Aw crap. How far away is your LCS?

That's happened to me a couple times ... the nearest LCS was half an hour from where I lived so I really couldn't go home and come back.

But there was a mall over the next overpass, so I'd just go have lunch and come back, LOL

One other suggestion, maybe you already do this ... If you're only opening a few packs, I would still request a fresh box.

My LCS guy used to let me open packs until I got what I was looking for, and depending how many I opened sometimes he would give me the box price average for the packs.

The only reason I'm saying all this is that if you're hunting for Dominguez or a different specific player, there is most likely only one in the box obviously.

Otherwise, if you're just looking to bust some packs, disregard.

(Or, disregard regardless. I can't tell you what to do, LOL)

But that way, if you end up opening all 24 packs or whatever, you'll still get the box discount and protect yourself from the card(s) you wanted being pulled already.
Thats an interesting way to do it! Thanks for the tip.

I think I'll probably go in with the idea of buying 4 or so jumbo packs and take my chances.
Pages: 1 2 3 4