Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: A World without Sports is not a World at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I was in my 80's I think I would give up. As is, I will just be super depressed. Sad

Even when I work this many hours, I could still go home at night and catch the end of a hockey game or watch highlights.Undecided

Now, nothing.Confused
I know! It will be weird over the next few weeks/months with no playoffs and Baseball with a delayed start. It will be tough watching the same old highlights every night!

But a needed decision that will hopefully be the best for everyone.
I just don't understand...

Pearl Harbor did not end sports (many more died that one day)
JFK's assassination and MLK's assassination did not end sports
9/11 did not end sports (many more died that one day)
Boston marathon massacre did not end sports

What else is going on this time? Maybe the fear of being sued by family members...or reputation...or politically charged in an election year.
(03-12-2020, 11:42 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't understand...

What else is going on this time? Maybe the fear of being sued by family members...or reputation...or politically charged in an election year.
When all is said and done, it's not about how many died ...yet, it's about the potential to spread a disease to an exponential number which could cause the death of millions ... or at least that's the fear. There aren't enough resources to care for a true breakout and the CDC feels that isolation is the safest route. The folks at the CDC train for these worst case scenarios all their careers. Let's trust that they know what is right.
But, Yeah, I am still amazed they put all sports on suspension for now.
This all feels like the beginning of some zombie apocalypse movie, doesn't it?
Maybe that's why the sharks have been hoarding all that retail all this time ... they're going to have a giant rip party while they're hunkered down in their disaster shelter.
(03-13-2020, 11:02 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe that's why the sharks have been hoarding all that retail all this time ... they're going to have a giant rip party while they're hunkered down in their disaster shelter.
Hopefully they bought a proportional amount of Twinkies to sustain them while they're ripping in their fallout shelters. You can't eat cardboard Smile
(03-13-2020, 11:26 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully they bought a proportional amount of Twinkies to sustain them while they're ripping in their fallout shelters. You can't eat cardboard Smile
And Cheetos, because they're the kind of numb nuts that would eat Cheetos while opening Chrome packs.
(03-12-2020, 11:42 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't understand...

Pearl Harbor, the assassinations, 9/11, and Boston marathon didn't involve a global pandemic

The Spanish Influenza did - and if you check your NHL records you'll find that year the Stanley Cup winner was "not awarded"

An NBA player tested positive for the virus - as have several European soccer players - there is pretty much no choice but to cancel - even closed arenas pose too much risk
We will weather this..my son (past minor league player)..who is only involved with baseball and coaches older kids for college scholarships is bummed..but I suggested refocusing his energy.like cleaning his car out or helping get rid of the junk he left at home..I wonder how that will turn out//HA HA