Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Talladega Truck Race...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How about that finish?! How did the long-time veteran Johnny Sauter NOT know he did something against the rules? I understand that he was desperate for the win since he's out of the playoffs now, but he still knows the rules. He clearly tried to block and forced Herbst below the double yellow line and then jumped up the track to block Boyd. I'm glad NASCAR did the right thing and penalized Sauter for that move. He ends up 14th. If he hadn't made that move, Riley should have won the race though. Instead, Spencer Boyd gets the win. His first win in 23 starts at the age of 23 is pretty coincidental. After Spencer's interview in Victory Lane, I kinda like the guy. Someone I'll definitely pay more attention to in the future. BTW, he is racing in the Cup race today.
Hey Adam, he blocked Riley Herbst and Herbst should have won the race. Regardless, NASCAR made the right call and I think Sauter knew he was going to get penalized, but tried to put his thumb on the scales by doing the burnout and getting the checkered flag.
(10-13-2019, 12:41 PM)timbart2821118 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Adam, he blocked Riley Herbst and Herbst should have won the race. Regardless, NASCAR made the right call and I think Sauter knew he was going to get penalized, but tried to put his thumb on the scales by doing the burnout and getting the checkered flag.
You're right. I don't know what made me type Hill instead of Herbst. Austin was right behind Riley when that happened though.