Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Small card show in Oak Creek, WI - big ol hit!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a monthly show near the Milwaukee area that has roughly 30-40 tables at it. Picked up a some singles of Finest refractors from various years, including a slick looking 1997 Finest Refractor of an uncommon card that's embossed. As we were looking to leave, my wife spots it:

Oh my, well I can't resist the siren song. I ask how much and the guy says $100. I don't have cash on me! My wife asks if a check is cool and the guy politely declines. I ask if he can take credit card and he cannot. Last ditch effort, I ask if I can Paypal him. No dice.

We leave and I'm saying how that's a good deal on the box. My wife points out a BMO bank across the street with ATM. 10 minutes later I'm back and I secure the purchase!

Later that day I get down to business. I'll spare the pack by pack details but here are the results from each mini box.

Minibox 1

Favre Black Refractor is #/99

Minibox 2

Manning Gold Refractor is #/49
But what's that blurred out card????????

Minibox 3

Not pictured is an Adrian Peterson rookie card which means completing this set became a whole lot easier to do. But what about that blurred card?

OH SNAP!

Calvin Johnson Black Xfractor rookie auto #3/10!!!! That card has waited 12 years to see the light of day. Thanks to my wife's eagle eyes and encouragement, had one of the best Finest box breaks ever Smile.
Holy crap, that Calvin Johnson auto is a down payment on a used car alone. Is that PC, or you going to try to move it?

If you are a comprohensive team collector, or a set builder, take a look at what I have, because I need that Finest McGahee you pulled.
I enjoyed reading the thread, but I can't see the pictures for some reason and it is killing me.
Nice hit and congrats. Not a used car but but definitely nice spending money but you are a finest guy Smile.
(09-08-2019, 11:48 PM)jplarson Wrote: [ -> ]There's a monthly show near the Milwaukee area that has roughly 30-40 tables at it. Picked up a some singles of Finest refractors from various years, including a slick looking 1997 Finest Refractor of an uncommon card that's embossed. As we were looking to leave, my wife spots it:

Oh my, well I can't resist the siren song. I ask how much and the guy says $100. I don't have cash on me! My wife asks if a check is cool and the guy politely declines. I ask if he can take credit card and he cannot. Last ditch effort, I ask if I can Paypal him. No dice.

We leave and I'm saying how that's a good deal on the box. My wife points out a BMO bank across the street with ATM. 10 minutes later I'm back and I secure the purchase!

Later that day I get down to business. I'll spare the pack by pack details but here are the results from each mini box.

Minibox 1

Favre Black Refractor is #/99

Minibox 2

Manning Gold Refractor is #/49
But what's that blurred out card????????

Minibox 3

Not pictured is an Adrian Peterson rookie card which means completing this set became a whole lot easier to do. But what about that blurred card?

OH SNAP!

Calvin Johnson Black Xfractor rookie auto #3/10!!!! That card has waited 12 years to see the light of day. Thanks to my wife's eagle eyes and encouragement, had one of the best Finest box breaks ever Smile.
As a Lions fan, I approve of this pull!
Very nice CJ hit jp.
Insane! Not the first words that came to mind, but this is a family friendly site lol. What a hit man! Congrats!