Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Shipping Cost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious as to what you guys do about shipping cost that are very expensive for one of the traders.
I sent 140 cards (Canada to Canada address) cost me a small fortune, the other trader sent me cards in a small bubble wrap, which cost him 2.90$ CDN.
Is it fair to charge for the extra large package(either in trade value or cash)?
Thanks for your input!
That should be something you work out with your trade partner, however in the past when mailing a large volume of cards I split it in two and sent the trade in bubble mailers for a lot less than a parcel.
(09-03-2019, 01:17 PM)silvertop Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious as to what you guys do about shipping cost that are very expensive for one of the traders.
I sent 140 cards (Canada to Canada address) cost me a small fortune, the other trader sent me cards in a small bubble wrap, which cost him 2.90$ CDN.
Is it fair to charge for the extra large package(either in trade value or cash)?
Thanks for your input!
Ask in advance for a higher trade value back to you if you know you are shipping more cards than the other trader. Works every time for me if there are at least 50 more cards to send; anything less than that difference would be immaterial.

A work-around for single cards that I have used is a plain white envelope and an Air Canada stamp, it was like $1.17 or something ... gets there quicker too.

This may not work for high end trades but for low end stuff it's great.

Take the card, put it in a penny sleeve, Card Saver II or toploader, tape or team bag over the top, then tape it inside the middle of a tri-folded piece of paper ... works great!